• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Twin Boom Tiny Trainer (Buildruray)

Hondo76251

The Twin Boom Tiny Trainer

20200229_213850.jpg

The following will be the building and testing of my Twin Boom TT

The beauty of the Tiny Trainer is its simplicity and versatility. I plan to put those to good use in yet another fun FPV platform. I've seen the TT done many different ways but I haven't seen this one yet!

The idea will be that I can modify the center fuselage according to the "Mission" I have in mind for the plane. As its configured right now it is just a simple FT foamboard plane so I can get a maiden and feel out the flight characteristics of this airframe. It has 1808 motors running on 4s, flapperons, and a fowler flap.

Hondo76251

I don't have a lot of build footage for this as I figured it is just a typical Tiny Trainer. The main difference is of course the twin boom setup and the 54" wingspan. The wing also has a wooden spar. Soldering and threading the longer wires from both booms to the center fuselage is a little tricky...

20200228_115723.jpg

BATTLEAXE

This is an interesting operation you got going on. Is this a replacement for the FPV Mini Cruiser? On 4s you should get some decent flight times with the little 1808's

Hondo76251

This is an interesting operation you got going on. Is this a replacement for the FPV Mini Cruiser? On 4s you should get some decent flight times with the little 1808's
I dont know about replacement... I've got the cruiser dialed in now, its actually working great. Only drawback is the limited battery capacity. I broke a mile with it today easily thanks to its speed (which is what the DH.88 was for after all) but this TB-TT fliles slow and carries much more payload! I'm pretty excited about this one, definitely has potential. I'm already working on another wing for a bit more speed (I used the glider wing as it was easier to get the wooden spar in but i may go carbon fiber spar and use the thinner wing)

Already have another ZOHD to go in it 😁

20200306_213218.jpg

BATTLEAXE

I dont know about replacement... I've got the cruiser dialed in now, its actually working great. Only drawback is the limited battery capacity. I broke a mile with it today easily thanks to its speed (which is what the DH.88 was for after all) but this TB-TT fliles slow and carries much more payload! I'm pretty excited about this one, definitely has potential. I'm already working on another wing for a bit more speed (I used the glider wing as it was easier to get the wooden spar in but i may go carbon fiber spar and use the thinner wing)

Already have another ZOHD to go in it 😁

View attachment 160538
I think you probably showed me before but that ZHOD is like $40 right?

Very nice. Starting on a similar twin. How are your wings attached? I don't notice any rubber bands.

My twin Bronco OV-10 with 2812 motors and 7x6 props is a rocket. Want to see how this compares.

Thanks.