• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Twin Boom, Twin Engine, FPV, Cargo Plane Build Thread

Techno

Sunny Day Park Flyer
Electronics Installed

As requested, here are some more pictures of the now totally complete airframe. It's a 5 channel with flaps right now. I'll be Minwaxing the plane overnight for the departure to FF15 tomorrow. Talk about cutting it close!

WP_20150707_16_22_01_Pro.jpg

Total Airframe

WP_20150707_16_22_19_Pro.jpg

The wing-ends are held in with pins from pop rivets I used to make some wheels

WP_20150707_16_24_11_Pro.jpg

The wiring is a bit of a mess, I might clean it up if I have time

Techno

Sunny Day Park Flyer
After FliteFest

Sorry I've been offline for so long guys, I've been busy with building a tiny trainer and family business. ANYWAY

So, FliteFest 2015 was an AMAZING event. I brought the plane, as promised, and maidened it at the event.
It flew wonderfully
I may have been flying a bit nose/tail heavy because I kept needing to give up elevator, but it flew!

I didn't put on a landing gear, because it was on grass and nobody was having much luck with takeoffs, so I had Josh Bixler throw the plane.

You guys were right, the wing was a bit too small, which is why I think it flew so fast.
I'll make 15" and 20" wingtip sections once I have the time

I also did a stall test, and with the under cambered wingtips, the stall was perfect. No bad tendencies whatsoever

The flight continued to go well and I didn't destroy it on landing! (minwax works wonders)

I'm going to improve the plane a LOT more before I out any plans, so stay tuned!

List of things to fix:
CG
Wingspan
Wiring Mess

List of things to try:
FPV
Rockets!-stay tuned
Cargo Drop
Landing Gear?

Techno

Sunny Day Park Flyer
Honeybadger Mk. 2

I really like the design of this and I want to keep making the plane better.
So I'm going to make plans for a version 2 with a better tail, actually working rudders, better CG, and mounting points for all sorts of cool stuff! AND A LANDING GEAR

I'm also going to be... experimenting with the Mk. 1 plane so stay tuned for all sorts of articles and stuff.