Twin Motor advice (TV)

shadeyB

Legendary member
Hi pilots
B3D4E709-98B0-46F6-A06F-AC380FAB2CC3.jpeg
As you can see I now have the FT TV system to install on my jet 😊
775E4FB3-7ED4-4DD7-85A0-D4D5EB1EDCDE.png
The 1st home made version didn’t hold too well and kept breaking
I’m currently using 6x4 prop and NTM Propdrive v2 2700kv motor (my favourite)
However I would like to try shave some weight off the back with a different motor but keeping the same KV (within reason)

Had a look at some of the #flitetest motors and quad motors but unsure in all honesty ☺️

Can anyone advise what motor would be best suitable to make my Sukhio amazing ?
Had 3 maiden flights none over 6seconds yet 😭😭😩

Thanks in advance

shadeyB

Legendary member
this is my first look at a TV set up - now I get it - I had assumed it was throttle-controlled!
The 1st home made build wasn’t strong enough lol , weak points
Trying out the FT set up which looks more robust than what I had so here’s hoping can get suggestion soon for lighter motors to run on it
😁

shadeyB

Legendary member
@shadeyB - super cool - seems like a massive amount of movement though?
😂😂😂🤪 crazy amount I must say lol
It was 1st test, new set up has been adjusted and motor throws not so large lol around the 30% margin
Elevators and motors were moving of the same servo (learning curve) too much throws again on the surfaces so again moving the controll surfaces onto a dedicated servo and will adjust the movements before I attach and glue in place

kilroy07

Legendary member
😂😂😂🤪 crazy amount I must say lol
It was 1st test, new set up has been adjusted and motor throws not so large lol around the 30% margin
Elevators and motors were moving of the same servo (learning curve) too much throws again on the surfaces so again moving the controll surfaces onto a dedicated servo and will adjust the movements before I attach and glue in place

You will want the rods in the closest holes on the servo side and as far out as you can on the motor side.
this will give you the most torque and control as it will limit the throws while maximizing resolution.
You want to get it as close as possible mechanically before you limit things electronically (you just loose resolution that way.)

You will need very little changes in angle for wild results.
Just based on my experience;
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...sign-build-challenge.54679/page-2#post-457468

shadeyB

Legendary member
You will want the rods in the closest holes on the servo side and as far out as you can on the motor side.
this will give you the most torque and control as it will limit the throws while maximizing resolution.
You want to get it as close as possible mechanically before you limit things electronically (you just loose resolution that way.)

You will need very little changes in angle for wild results.
Just based on my experience;
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...sign-build-challenge.54679/page-2#post-457468

That’s the plan anyway lol
Bank n yank - fly it like it’s on fire
38A13A18-AE6D-4DEB-A2AD-2684AD8D1BD5.jpeg 3AC85072-ACD4-44CC-9971-153A000171D0.jpeg
Made some adjustments to the rear which I feel may need strengthening a little mwoahahahaaaa
Original build I had everything inside the nacelles which looked great but hmmm ,,,,,,, couldn’t get in to adjust
Control surfaces also will be adjustable from the centre 👍

Oh, I forgot, I like the 2205 series of motors, lots of power in a small package.

Thanks for that , love the size of this one 😁 2 in the post , I chose the Emax 2600kv i hope they’re as good as my NTM’s 😂
That’s if ma plane makes it that far to find out haha

Fly it like you stole it 🎮💫✈️💥🔥

Wildthing

Legendary member
The GepRC Speed-x CR2306 2750kv motor is has amazing power on 4S spinning a TGS 6X3 prop and only a 40A esc. Motor is substantially lighter then you Propdrive V2 motors. These new Propdrive V2 motors are good but the real NTM motors were way stronger and would take way more abuse. I would run them on 4S, 80A esc and a 6X3 TGS prop and some planes were up in the area of 90mph . The Propdrive motors don't handle the 4S very good , atleast not with the same setup.

shadeyB

Legendary member
The GepRC Speed-x CR2306 2750kv motor is has amazing power on 4S spinning a TGS 6X3 prop and only a 40A esc. Motor is substantially lighter then you Propdrive V2 motors. These new Propdrive V2 motors are good but the real NTM motors were way stronger and would take way more abuse. I would run them on 4S, 80A esc and a 6X3 TGS prop and some planes were up in the area of 90mph . The Propdrive motors don't handle the 4S very good , atleast not with the same setup.
Thanks Wildthing that’s another set of motors on the list 😂
Still got 3 planes on the original NTM 2700kv on 4s 2200 6x4 propAPC LOOOOOOVE them lol n yes they can go !!
Only got the v2’s for this project and well - I can’t say they are too heavy for a twin engine but for my 1st TV twin .... yes !
Lighter motors on the back will certainly help with getting a good CG
Thanks for the engine recommendation , will certainly give it a test

If it’s not flexing your not flying

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
Thanks Wildthing that’s another set of motors on the list 😂
Still got 3 planes on the original NTM 2700kv on 4s 2200 6x4 propAPC LOOOOOOVE them lol n yes they can go !!
Only got the v2’s for this project and well - I can’t say they are too heavy for a twin engine but for my 1st TV twin .... yes !
Lighter motors on the back will certainly help with getting a good CG
Thanks for the engine recommendation , will certainly give it a test

If it’s not flexing your not flying

A good pair of quad motors like that GepRC it will be amazing plus being half the weight not only easier to balance but a lot easier on your mounts. For your TV setup do like Kilroy07 said and you won't need much throw for them to have loads of fun, the servos I would recommend metal gears ones though .

Try the TGS 6X3 prop, actually more thrust and less amps then the 6X4 APC prop. I still have 3 2700kv and 2 3000kv of the original NTM motors, I save them for my go fast planes :love: