Twin Raptor

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I have had my FPV Raptor for a couple of weeks now. I really like how it flies, apart from the initial push down after launch due to thrust line issues, and thrust angle related problems at high throttle settings.

On a side note, I've loved the concept of the Twinstar and would get one if they weren't so expensive! The prop is out of the way for FPV and they fly great fast or slow.

While cruising about online last night, I came across this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749059

I'm really keen to make this happen on my Raptor. The op on that thread has reported and demonstrated some great improvements to the flight characteristics and possibly efficiency! He was getting static Amp figures of around 8A at just under half throttle. I can't wait to hear how measured flying Amp draw goes...

Glydr, this is the next craft night project for me...

P.S. I'd love to see some projects on Flitetest where a good plane is made a great plane with a couple of simple mods, and the difference in performance is compared side by side.

Last edited:

Nonamerc

Arman
Double engine is never effecient but because of the large triple blade props and low kv instead of one high kv motor with a smaller triple blade prop it could be much better!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yeah, I reckon the efficiency gains will be generated by the lower kv motor and less power needed to keep it flying. According to the OP it improves the plane's behaviour with a heavy payload too.