Twin tail boom UAV

WallyJas

Guys,

I'm interested in a twin tail boom RTF similar to the pic attached for my FPV project. It looks like plenty of people have created scratch builds but I was wondering if anyone offers RTF kits (around 1500mm) for something like this. If anyone knows can you please steer in the right direction?

UAV1.jpg

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
IBCrazy (active over at RCGroups or FPVLab) has sold a 5.8 GHz ARF of similar design around 1200mm called the Spectre V2. He was selling it through future hobbies for a while, but they don't appear to be available there any longer.

You might try contacting him directly to see if he has any more to sell or would be willing to knock one out for you.

Don't know about what control gear it came with, but it came with an installed 5.8 video system. If you got one, you'd have to provide/build your own base station (receiver & display).

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
That would be cool. It's a slick little airframe and well designed for FPV.

Winced a bit at the price, even if it was fair for a hand built/trimmed plane w/ FPV gear installed.

If he'd pass on the plans and techniques, I'd love to build one myself, if for nothing more than LoS.

WallyJas

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I've found the Specter build articles by Spencer on FliteTest.com and think they are just what it am after. You're right, it would also be great if they released a kit as well. :D

johanjonker

There is a lot of twin boom design's.. and they are really easy to build.. build the FT Fowl flyer without the body..

Malky

I am keen to make an "A" powerpack version of this. Will track down some carbon fiber tubes and use the FT mini wing design theory. Will mount 5g servos in wing in front of tubes.

Attachments

• 259624425_167644022219419_7238781344788245632_n (1).jpg
    259624425_167644022219419_7238781344788245632_n (1).jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 0