Twins ... autism and planes

My other half and I are raisng a pair of twins who are both on the Autism Disorder Spectrum...
RC planes, cars, and quads are an amazing way to develop their focus, and fine skill motors... and build amazing experiences and memories with their papa who has been a RCholic forever 😊
20180909_145807.jpg
20180909_145532.jpg

PoorManRC

Master member
Very inspiring! It's good to see any kids sharing our Hobby, but this will be quite good for their development as well.

I'm what happens when a kid with High Functioning Autism GROWS UP.

It's definitely not the hopeless affliction that it used to be.
I was only fortunate that I had some Teachers who "got me", back in the 70's, when kids like us were labelled as "problem child", Aloof and Lazy.
Thanks to some great people (especially my parents), I have Degrees in Systems Management and Business Administration!

Although I had trouble in OTS, I still managed to be able to fly REAL Planes in the Air Force, as a NCO! Non Combat, but still...

KUDOS for how you're bringing them up!! Hope they have good support in School as well.

Very inspiring! It's good to see any kids sharing our Hobby, but this will be quite good for their development as well.

I'm what happens when a kid with High Functioning Autism GROWS UP.

It's definitely not the hopeless affliction that it used to be.
I was only fortunate that I had some Teachers who "got me", back in the 70's, when kids like us were labelled as "problem child", Aloof and Lazy.
Thanks to some great people (especially my parents), I have Degrees in Systems Management and Business Administration!

Although I had trouble in OTS, I still managed to be able to fly REAL Planes in the Air Force, as a NCO! Non Combat, but still...

KUDOS for how you're bringing them up!! Hope they have good support in School as well.

Thank you so so much for your heart warming post... yes they do have great support in school and both are dreaming to become real pilot... 😊

PoorManRC

Master member
Thank you! By non Combat, I meant that I couldn't get Flight Status, because of a double Knee injury.....
I did get to the "Party" in Saudi, in 1990-91. It actually was a LOT tougher than CNN portrayed it as.

Thank you! By non Combat, I meant that I couldn't get Flight Status, because of a double Knee injury.....
I did get to the "Party" in Saudi, in 1990-91. It actually was a LOT tougher than CNN portrayed it as.
I still remember to this day Colin Powell literally mocking the press in a speech after the "job was done"... telling them " thank you you were great allies without knowing it... you did exactly what i wanted when i wanted..." the press was just that a Hollywood show for the good people of the world who still believed in so called "surgical war"...BS a war is a war and that's always ugly... and I have military in my family (French Foreign Legion) and yes they told me it was not the nice pictures we were seeing on the screens... this beeen said happy Halloween

Vimana89

Legendary member
It really is heart warming to see this and great to know they have so much support and are learning to make their own way in certain regards, because society and "the system" will not be very supportive. Sadly, I know so, because I am also on the high functioning end of the spectrum.

It really is heart warming to see this and great to know they have so much support and are learning to make their own way in certain regards, because society and "the system" will not be very supportive. Sadly, I know so, because I am also on the high functioning end of the spectrum.
Thanks for your post... how old are you if I may ask... because I feel like society is doing more and more to integrate "special kids" and their specific skills... my kids are on the high functioning side too... I know that us Navy hires specifically autistic young adults to monitor radars screen using the capability of some autistic people to accept repetitive task without feeling the boredom of it... don't get me wrong everythjng is not perfect but i feel like we're making progress

Vimana89

Legendary member
Thanks for your post... how old are you if I may ask... because I feel like society is doing more and more to integrate "special kids" and their specific skills... my kids are on the high functioning side too... I know that us Navy hires specifically autistic young adults to monitor radars screen using the capability of some autistic people to accept repetitive task without feeling the boredom of it... don't get me wrong everythjng is not perfect but i feel like we're making progress
We probably are. There is still much that needs to change, but I imagine it's a bit better now and there are more resources available. I'm 28, almost 29. I didn't find out I had high functioning autism until I was about 17.

PoorManRC

Master member
Now THAT'S Low. Shame.

BTW...... WHAT language are YOU writing in? So, you must be an immigrant too (or would you spell it "to")?

Last edited:

Vimana89

Legendary member
y is it dat al us aspies r poor? its cuz normals an imigrants an femanist girls keep taken evryting an leaf nuthin fer us.
I really don't know if you are trolling here, or actually believe this junk. If you do, your anger is misplaced on people who have done nothing to you, and are probably in one way or another, struggling just as you are. "Immigrants and normies and feminist girls" didn't create the disfunctional education and mental health systems that we have. They did not create the systems of employment that see human beings as only objects. The type of people who profit from those broken systems, would like nothing more than for you to keep pointing your finger at "normies and immigrants and girls".