Two challenge suggestions

ScottGridley

First, "miniature reno air races" using park scale or UM p-51s, Josh v. Josh, of course!
Second, a high-wind challege - what's the smallest plane you can fly on a very windy day?

Illiop

Big Daddies
with the HK 160 mah batteries my brother and I flew our ember 2's in 10-12 mph wind, well mostly it was more like a slightly controllable kite.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Rc Me, You can edit your posts to prevent threads from getting cluttery. Click on "edit" right beside "reply"

Just an idea, not complaining :)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Second, a high-wind challege - what's the smallest plane you can fly on a very windy day?
Picture 4.png

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
For the "mini reno air race", they could use the planes from 100mph under $100 and try budget pylon racing :p

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Perhaps something like this?
090708-02.JPG
100720-08.JPG

The tiny black plane flew circles around the big IMAC-model. The prop is a 3*3. only 1 aile to save... The plane is made of sanded down depron totally covered with fiber glass.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Why does it only have one aileron?
I know that in theory it should work as there is nothing really that wouldn´t make it possible for a plane to fly with one aileron.

Is it due to the laziness during building it or because you wanted to save weight?
I have never seen it before and it looks kinda weird.

Klonas

Why does it only have one aileron?
I know that in theory it should work as there is nothing really that wouldn´t make it possible for a plane to fly with one aileron.

Is it due to the laziness during building it or because you wanted to save weight?
I have never seen it before and it looks kinda weird.
Yes, but also I guess it would have more drag on one side when using aileron so it would also act as left rudder.