two channel for pitch

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
can you please give some idea about sharing information with each other.
well, you need a communication link, which would mean one of the following:
  • wires/fiber optic cable connecting them
  • 2 way wireless communication (IE radio transceivers, lasers/diodes, etc)
  • haptic, smell, sound (not really viable solutions, but they are other ways things could communicate)
Given your goal, you probably want some sort of 2 way wireless communication system... an easy solution could be to use a wifi adapter on each and setup a network that they can use to talk to each other. Your going to need a low latancy reasonable bandidth link, as they are going to need to communicate state information with each other at a reasonable rate with minimal delay.

curiousmind

well, you need a communication link, which would mean one of the following:
  • wires/fiber optic cable connecting them
  • 2 way wireless communication (IE radio transceivers, lasers/diodes, etc)
  • haptic, smell, sound (not really viable solutions, but they are other ways things could communicate)
Given your goal, you probably want some sort of 2 way wireless communication system... an easy solution could be to use a wifi adapter on each and setup a network that they can use to talk to each other. Your going to need a low latancy reasonable bandidth link, as they are going to need to communicate state information with each other at a reasonable rate with minimal delay.

if i consider money, it would be cheaper to use wires/fiber optic cable right?

JasonK

if i consider money, it would be cheaper to use wires/fiber optic cable right?
that would be something to check your supply availability on. but if your worried about the difference in a 2m cable vs 2 transceivers, your going to get sticker shock from the other parts your going to need to build this.

curiousmind

that would be something to check your supply availability on. but if your worried about the difference in a 2m cable vs 2 transceivers, your going to get sticker shock from the other parts your going to need to build this.

props,motors ESCs,receiver, transmitter, FCs, PDBs, battery, frame and as you said wife adaptor or wire/optical cable. what else ?

JasonK

props,motors ESCs,receiver, transmitter, FCs, PDBs, battery, frame and as you said wife adaptor or wire/optical cable. what else ?
you need the SLAM equipment... or at least some sort of positioning data for both FC's

also, I said WiFi adapter not wife adapter.... I don't think you would want to connect your wife to the project... that sounds like a bad idea.

curiousmind

you need the SLAM equipment... or at least some sort of positioning data for both FC's

also, I said WiFi adapter not wife adapter.... I don't think you would want to connect your wife to the project... that sounds like a bad idea.
yes, i saw many videos... they mostly used motion capture cameras for positioning data but its very costly.
i forgot to ask one thing that if i use only PID control for stability, which problem occurs or remain unsolved

JasonK

yes, i saw many videos... they mostly used motion capture cameras for positioning data but its very costly.
i forgot to ask one thing that if i use only PID control for stability, which problem occurs or remain unsolved

you _could_ try using some force sensors on the join between the quads and bar and try to calculate the offset to the other drone from that. but without a way for the drones to know their relative positions... it isn't going to work well.

curiousmind

you _could_ try using some force sensors on the join between the quads and bar and try to calculate the offset to the other drone from that. but without a way for the drones to know their relative positions... it isn't going to work well.

thanks jasonk.. force sensor is good idea.
for out door flying, it is very difficult to find way for drones to know their relative positions. that's why i am trying to find other ways of system stability.

JasonK

thanks jasonk.. force sensor is good idea.
for out door flying, it is very difficult to find way for drones to know their relative positions. that's why i am trying to find other ways of system stability.
you mean besides GPS or any of the other sensors used for SLAM?

curiousmind

you mean besides GPS or any of the other sensors used for SLAM?

no.
i still have my why that why we can't achieve system stability by accelerometer and gyro sensor(inbuilt sensors ). until i find answer of my why, i can't move to other thing...even if i want because that sucks in my mind and also financially.

one of my friend convinced for this project. he is really good coder.. so now if it can be done just by custom firmware we are more than happy.