Two GPS units side by side...

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Hi guys,

I've had a Multiwii Pro board (the one with MTK GPS from HK) for a while now, but in my frustration at not being able to get the sensors working with ArduplaneNG, I've shelved it. However I really should have been content with using the board for RTH.

One question before I flash and mount it, are there likely to be any issues mounting 2 gps units side by side? The OSD gps is pretty basic (G-OSD II), has a slow refresh and I'm not sure what baud it's running at either. The MTK needs the baud set at 115200 to work with the Multiwii board. Essentially, running OSD and control board off the one GPS is not possible.

Cheers.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
A guess, but since both are receivers and do not transmit I don't think it will be a problem.

Thurmond

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Cool. Cheers. I think you're right.

I've got myself into trouble trying to get ArduPilotNG going again... Got the GPS and magnetometer working now... Just can't get the other damn sensors to register!?! I'll have a few more attempts tonight before I install MultiWii and just try and be content with that. Really, stabilisation and RTH were the main things I was wanting.

Tritium

If my GPS ever gets here I will proceed with my Chinese APM 2.5 / Super Sky Surfer build, 1280MHz FPV too.

Thurmond

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Hey Thurmond, keen to hear how the telemetry system goes. Changing/setting waypoints in-flight sounds awesome!

I finally got the board working with ArduplaneNG. Now to mount it up on the plane and do some freaky autonomous flying... I've never spent so long trying to get something working.

Tritium

Hey Thurmond, keen to hear how the telemetry system goes. Changing/setting waypoints in-flight sounds awesome!

I've never spent so long trying to get something working.

I will report here when I have something to report concerning telemetry (I have had it on the arducopter for a while and love it on that platform). I know what you mean about taking a long time to accomplish something but when it all falls into place it is even sweeter isn't it? ;)

Thurmond

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
It was sweet, but then I plugged it into the servos and they went silly. I now have to dive back into Arduino and figure out why...