Ugly Stick 1.700mm wingspan

crvgeiro1898

Hi! I recently built a 1.300mm wingspan Ugly Stick, with depron and balsa, a beautiful plane with an excellent flight, but I think it is too small. 'Cause that, I decided to built a bigger one, with the same materials, but with 1.700mm wingspan.

The 1.300mm Stick:
índice14.jpg
índice13.jpg

I started the new one by the plans, by hand. Half of the wing must measure 85cm, so it is simple, we must divide: the desired wingspan / wingspan of the small plant. I got the value of 6.29. Now we just need to multiply all the measurements of the plant by this number.

índice9.jpg

With a ruler and square, I enlarged the small plant to the desired size.
índice7.jpg
índice6.jpg
índice5.jpg

Recently built the "Tractor .25" kit from a Brazilian company called "Flying Circus". Lots of material left, balsa, plywood... I won't throw it in the trash, so I'll use it on my stick.
índice4.jpg

What is the name of this piece in the USA/UK/Canada? In Brazil we call it "mesa de servos", something like "servo table".
índice3.jpg
índice2.jpg

Servos:
Rudder: MG90S
Elevator: ALZRC DS452PM (it's a swashplate servo - digital and metal gear - from a crashed Tarot 450, got more two for ailerons)

For now that's it. I'm waiting the delivery of the balsa to continue the project.

Attachments

• índice5.jpg
    índice5.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
  • índice8.jpg
    índice8.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
  • quotclassic-ugly-stickquot-fuselage-sides-need-2-rc-universe.jpg
    quotclassic-ugly-stickquot-fuselage-sides-need-2-rc-universe.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 0
  • canvas2.png
    canvas2.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 0

Bricks

Master member
It is looking good but I am really wondering for the size if 9 gram servos are going to be enough.

Arcfyre

Elite member
It is looking good but I am really wondering for the size if 9 gram servos are going to be enough.

This. I have a 2000mm stick that I built powered by a .61 glow engine. The 9 gram servos are not enough. I need to replace them at some point but for now I just fly at 30% throttle and pray.

jack10525

Planes look great. I’m looking for plans for a 60” wing span stick. Tried enlarging plans but it’s not working.