UK Built Planes

ianlh

Hi to all UK pilots.

I think it would be a good idea to collate the mass / motor / prop size etc, for planes built with the UK available foam (west foam etc,) to allow others considering building to be able to order the correct size electronics.

I will start with :
F22 Raptor
Mass = 530 grms AUW
Motor = NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26 1100kv / 252w
Batt = Turnigy 1800mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack
ESC = TURNIGY Plush 25amp Speed Controller
Prop = 8 x 6 APC
Flying = Hovers easily, vertical climbs

Can i recommend,

for the AUW, do it without battery. as each battery is different in weights, but it would be good to see how we can make the actual airframes lighter, not by just running a lighter battery,

I also have the FT-22

AUW (without battery) = 400g
esc = 25a (unknown make as it was second hand out of my parts bin)
2 9g servos
2000kv funfighter motor
7x5 apc prop

if its ran on 3s, she does rock, but 2s she still flies well, but is a little sluggish.

I am also making the versa swappable. the basic airframe is complete. just need my power pod now. but as she sits atm, she is 287g. decorated.

all i need for the versa, is the powerpod. (which i will complete later)

but, for my ft22 i removed the paper from the battery cover, on all parts, and the underside of the paper from the piece that covers the electronics.

she could be alot lighter, but that would be getting drastic, and lose alot of strength.

FT-Versa - swap-able.

WestFoam

AUW - without battery
450g

Current setup (taken from my ft-22) subject to change
2s 1300mah
25a esc
2 x 9g servos
8x6 apc prop

daxian

Elite member
hi all ...
bit quiet in here ....
just getting back into the hobby after a 30 year lay off (wife ,kids, mortgage )getting close to retirement so need a hobby.
been following the flite test guys for a while , which sorta rekindled the desire to fly rc .

so i got the plans for a simple soarer and learned to tape them together ...lol that was fun !!!
ordered a box of westfoam and got stuck in .
built two so far (made a few mistakes on the first ,also found there was no way to get the cog right with the power pod )
so i started again and modded the fuse to get the cog right .
nearly ready for the first flight !!!!
will post the weights and specs soon .

Mattf1000

received_459431771065077.jpeg
Here's my spitfire. Its got an fpv camera.