UK EU Foam Board Distribution?

NoseyMole

Hi All,

A little follow up from my last post (end of page 3)

I ended up buying this foam - £23 for 10 sheets...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271994858766

For referance, it weighs 220g per sheet. So it is heavier than the Dollar Tree stuff.
It weighs in at 0.284g per square inch - vs 0.191g for the adams board - so approx 50% heavier (thats not twice)

anyway... I've gone ahead and built an FT trainer from it and its gone well - still haven't taken it out yet though.

12108031_10153171575209135_6676722964388123481_n.jpg

mjcp

I've just built a TT (sport wing) from the Hobby Craft / Westfoam board.... I've got an 1806/2100KV running off a 610mAh 2s Rhino with 6x3 prop...

It would be good to see what our AUW RTF is with the non $tree foam.

IMG_2879.JPG

mjcp

NoseyMole

Wow. Looking good!

What does a sheet of the hobbycraft fb weigh?

From memory, my FBTT was 245g without the battery.
That's with the RX, 2 servos, esc and the emax 1806.

mjcp

Wow. Looking good!

What does a sheet of the hobbycraft fb weigh?

From memory, my FBTT was 245g without the battery.
That's with the RX, 2 servos, esc and the emax 1806.

My FTTT is 334g with sport wing (2 x 6g servos), fuse (2 x 9g servos), esc and motor. My RX is a lardy 16g FrySky one, but have another on its way when Mr. eBay pulls his finger out, that one's 10g lighter!

1 x A1 sheet of the (white) WestFoam/Hobby craft board is 238g.

mjcp

kendrick57

Hi
I found a source of foam board for the UK a bit cheaper than graphics direct place is called art discount they are based in Grantham the birth place of maggi thatcher don't hold that against them Think more that the BMFA nationals have been just outside the town for years (problems at the moment but that is a different matter) web address for the foam board is
http://www.artdiscount.co.uk/paper-board/board/foam-board/white-foam-board-5mm.html
They do flite test standard size 20" X 30" for about £1.60 per sheet.
I head foam board off eBay before claimed 5mm thick is was not and the foam was not easily removed from channels with this board I have no problem with the board from this company.

I'm still hoping that someone will become the UK surpplier of both flite test waterproof foam board and quick build kits either by buying in the board and kits in bulk or just the board and laser cutting the kits in the uk.
Kendrick

CThiefUK

Hi
I found a source of foam board for the UK a bit cheaper than graphics direct place is called art discount they are based in Grantham the birth place of maggi thatcher don't hold that against them Think more that the BMFA nationals have been just outside the town for years (problems at the moment but that is a different matter) web address for the foam board is
http://www.artdiscount.co.uk/paper-board/board/foam-board/white-foam-board-5mm.html
They do flite test standard size 20" X 30" for about £1.60 per sheet.
I head foam board off eBay before claimed 5mm thick is was not and the foam was not easily removed from channels with this board I have no problem with the board from this company.

I'm still hoping that someone will become the UK surpplier of both flite test waterproof foam board and quick build kits either by buying in the board and kits in bulk or just the board and laser cutting the kits in the uk.
Kendrick

That looks like a good substitute; shame it's £45 delivered for a box though. A little much to try one sheet on a whim :(

Have you actually built planes using Flite Test designs using this foam? Can you do their A / B folds by peeling the foam off etc.?

Thanks

CThiefUK

Hi All,

A little follow up from my last post (end of page 3)

I ended up buying this foam - £23 for 10 sheets...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271994858766

For referance, it weighs 220g per sheet. So it is heavier than the Dollar Tree stuff.
It weighs in at 0.284g per square inch - vs 0.191g for the adams board - so approx 50% heavier (thats not twice)

anyway... I've gone ahead and built an FT trainer from it and its gone well - still haven't taken it out yet though.

View attachment 56458

That looks good! Does the foam peel off the paper? How did it work out?

Thanks

kendrick57

Sorry took so long to reply did not set the thread to follow I can say this foam board is very similar to dollortree the paper strips off with no problems, A and B folds are no problem at all as removing foam from one side leaving just a slot with paper on one side.
I did get the place wrong though the main company is Grandthams but it is based in Blackpool.
Kendrick