UK postal delivery service has really wound me up.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I ordered 2 new props 10x5x3 for my FT Sportster (one is obviously a spare, just in case). I ordered them from Banggood (China) and the order got shipped on the 17th of November. My parcel arrived at some point last night that's 11 days, pretty damn good delivery if you ask me.

I eventually received a message from my wife at around 23:00hrs to tell me they had arrived she forgot to message me earlier. I had already received a message from Banggood earlier, telling me they had been delivered. So they where even more efficient than my wife at letting me know the status.

Then she ruined my night by telling me the guy who was delivering them was tring to post them through the letter box :mad::mad::mad:.

So instead of looking forward to going home later this morning and opening my parcel, then fitting one of my new props. I am now anxious as to the condition of these props after this moron has tried to post them.

I am constantly suffering from long wait times, for items I have ordered in the UK. Yet I can order items from the other side of the world and they arrive in no time at all.
I am furious that my props have travelled from China probably undamaged, yet some moronic half wit from the UK can damage them at the last hurdle by trying to post them through my door.
Hopefully my wife opened the door and took the parcel before he managed to cause any damage.

Sorry I needed a rant :mad::mad::mad: well peeved off.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Can you let us know once you see the props? Depending on the prop it probably survived since they can be really tough sometimes.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
First job I do when I get through the door this morning will be check the condition of them. The second thing I will do is head off to bed, as I need my beauty sleep more than most, even Freddy Kruger avoids me in my dreams :ROFLMAO::sleep:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
20201128_112401.jpg

Now it looks the part

deirtucker

I know from my own experience that it is better not to order anything over the Internet. The packages are scratched. Sometimes bad things happen. Or another model. perhaps the problem is in the postman. The box does not always come in perfect condition. I am dissatisfied with their work. But so far, I have not ordered a gift for my daughter in another city. A friend advised me about tracking the parcel postsendungsverfolgung.com. My daughter was tracking the location of her talent. The package arrived exactly on the day when the seller promised. She received a notification through the website that her parcel is in the mail.
I faced some issues with tracking of the order when I ordered a $400 spare part, and just imagine my emotion when I was waiting this package not knowing where is it and will it come to me or not

Last edited:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Ordering on line is not that risky if you use reputable companies and use a credit card or Pay Pal as a means of intermediary payment. That way if god forbid something does goes wrong, they act as an insurance policy and you get your money back.
Unless you are ordering a single big item, I would also suggest ordering items in smaller orders rather than one big bulk order. If your items do get lost in transit/shipment you don't lose everything just part of the order.
I also take out a shipping insurance if its available, this is not a large amount and also covers you in the case of transit damage or loss.

Last edited:

Jessy_leng

I know from my own experience that it is better not to order anything via the Internet. The parcels are scratched. Sometimes there are bad things.

Phin G

Elite member
I have just ordered eletronics and a speed build kit which will arrive 1 day before we come back, lets hope it arrives safely.

bisco

Elite member
I know from my own experience that it is better not to order anything via the Internet. The parcels are scratched. Sometimes there are bad things.
is this spam? i have been ordering on the net for decades, and really picked it up since the beginning of covid.
no more issues than buying from brick and morter. some things better, some things worse.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Depends where you order from ?
I just received 4 Lipo batteries through Aliexpress from a Chinese supplier. The box they arrived in was in better condition than some mail I have received from suppliers in the UK.
Yes there are some dodgy sellers on the internet and I have come across them myself. I've received packages with motors in where the box is almost destroyed yet the contents has been okay. On the other hand I've also received goods which where completely damaged due to poor packing.
Ebay can be a bit hit and miss, I've had damaged stuff from Amazon too. But so far touch wood I have been lucky with Banggood and Aliexpress.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
At least its not the US postal service. I have not had a package in over 5 years that was shipped thru them that was not delayed or damaged in some way. Several packages never arrived. They have a thing called "sure post" where a big name carrier brings it from origin to the local post office and then they do the door to door delivery.

The ONLY thing sure about sure post is that it WILL be late and could possibly sit in the local post office for days or even weeks if the planned delivery date is not the day it arrives at their door. I was told they didn't want to deliver a package that was dropped off to them 8 days early as it would screw up their delivery timing record... I was like are you goofy? A sooner then expected delivery would actually make you look good you moron. Im coming down right now to pick it up. Have it ready. She tried to tell me she couldn't release the package.. I said see you in 10 minutes end of conversation.

I came home with the package but now I avoid any and all types of deliveries thru the US postal service after that. I have a book of stamps that is over 4 years old at this point because I refuse to even mail bills in thru them any more.

bisco

Elite member
here in the boston area, we get most of our usps packages from hobby shops all over the country in 4-6 days, for $2-$4.
fedex is the worst around here. ups is very good, and prime is pretty good

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
At least its not the US postal service. I have not had a package in over 5 years that was shipped thru them that was not delayed or damaged in some way. Several packages never arrived. They have a thing called "sure post" where a big name carrier brings it from origin to the local post office and then they do the door to door delivery.

The ONLY thing sure about sure post is that it WILL be late and could possibly sit in the local post office for days or even weeks if the planned delivery date is not the day it arrives at their door. I was told they didn't want to deliver a package that was dropped off to them 8 days early as it would screw up their delivery timing record... I was like are you goofy? A sooner then expected delivery would actually make you look good you moron. Im coming down right now to pick it up. Have it ready. She tried to tell me she couldn't release the package.. I said see you in 10 minutes end of conversation.

I came home with the package but now I avoid any and all types of deliveries thru the US postal service after that. I have a book of stamps that is over 4 years old at this point because I refuse to even mail bills in thru them any more.

That's crazy, I was thinking a delay of around a week was bad in the UK. Sir, on this occasion I have to bow down to your vastly inferior postal service you have my deepest condolences.
I must admit given the choice I would prefer buy from the UK or Europe rather than China and support local manufacturing, distribution etc. But sadly we don't have the same manufacturing suppliers anymore and if we did, there is no way they could compete on price. To add insult to injury I can order from China and within 14 days have the item in my hand, I cant say that about UK suppliers. Unless they had imported the items previously from China and had them in stock :unsure: :(

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Hey guy's don't even get me started on couriers they come in 2 forms here: Very good and criminal's.
1. Delivery on time and within an hours time slot from some couriers.
2. Versus parcels which are: misshapen, damaged beyond recognition (due to a container load of parcels, being squashed into a Fiat 500 delivery vehicle), parcels disappearing or just being left on door steps.
I worked near a courier distribution center, people use to turn up in there cars early morning to collect the parcels. If I had a £1 for every parcel marked fragile that I saw thrown around and squashed into vehicles I would have been able to retire years ago.
The best story I ever heard was a woman telling her friend she just made £200 selling shoes on Ebay. It turned out her husband worked for a courier firm and he use to steal parcels. His wife would then sell the items off on Ebay and they would split the profit between them :mad:.