Ultra cheap Turnigy 2200 3s

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I came across a good thing when I found the Hobbyking Ebay store. They had these 2200 20C 3s batteries on there for 11.99 including postage, but even better, they auctioned one off and I got it for $9.99 incl. post. I did a bit more research on these and found an item listing on the Hobbyking website, which explained that they were exactly the same as a normal blue Turnigy 2200 20C 3s, but with different connectors and an orange shrink wrap. They were made as part of the development of a RTF package that didn't go ahead. I just had a look for the link to this listing but can't find it, but I've got two of these and they're pretty good quality from what I can tell so far.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Well, I can't help but notice it's only 20 C discharge... Not so good for when a power burst is required. Good deal, otherwise; thanks for sharing!

UndCon

UndCon
I have several 20-35C and they are all puffed due to extreme loads (quadcopter/tricopter)

I now only use them as backups...but will dispose them when new Nano-tech's arrive.

//UndCon

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Don't tell anyone mash, else there will be none left for us!

;)

G
who has ordered and likely will again

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Well, I can't help but notice it's only 20 C discharge... Not so good for when a power burst is required. Good deal, otherwise; thanks for sharing!
20c batteries are just fine unless maybe you're flying heli's. Most of my lipo's are 20c and I've never had a problem with power. I've flown everything from slow fliers to warbirds.

UndCon

UndCon
I puffed 1 3S 2200 Lipo with my 1:16 RC car... 70km/h with 2200mah and my cellphone as GPS logger :D
(castle creations motor/esc)

Crazy little bugger

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yeah, depends on your amp draw... Obviously the closer you draw to 44A, the more you stress the battery.

I don't mind sharing 'cos I've already got mine ;)

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Well, ran one battery flat and the other nearly flat while thermal hunting today. One I was using in my Bixler, while a buddy was using the other in his AXN. When he thought he was running flat with the AXN (he's a newbie and kept the motor on most of the time), I landed the Bixler and swapped with him. It went flat after about 3 or 4 climbs, however he kept flying for quite a while before deciding he'd had enough (we'd been there about 1.5 hours). I chucked one battery on the charger, thinking it was the flat one, and it had cut out at about 10.5V. The charger put ~2650mA back in. I then put the other one on, and it was down to 9.6V! It's still charging, but I'm very interested to see how much I get into this one!!!

Not bad for cheapie 2200s!!!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
OK, the flat one took 2800mA. IMG071.jpg

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Cool.

I've a couple coming and will see how they go just cruising in the 450. If they feel like other TGY packs I think a few more will be in order. I've a cousin in law who is learning to fly helis and these will be the ticket.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
From Hobbyking's Australian ebay store, they're AU$11 including free delivery. I just found their US ebay store and they're $11 US, which is AU$10.36. Here's the link to the US one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RC-2200mAh-3S-20C-Lithium-Polymer-Battery-ID-19427-/260967722024?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc2e36c28#ht_2079wt_1214

They're cheaper than standard (blue) 2200s from HK, because shipping is free. Also they're not on backorder on ebay, and HK have to comply by ebay rules and reputation framework, so for me they shipped items out next day and they arrived in 6 business days (registered parcel with tracking) in a very well packed box. After seeing the quality of these, I'm wondering if they're 2650s, not 2200s.

Last edited:

fred0000

thanks for the link, that is a great deal ($10.88 shipped Canadian) makes me wish I needed some batterys.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
That's right. There are many secrets of how to get the best price stuff from Hobbyking... From using combo prices, to buddycode extensions, to picking a favourable exchange rate (where possible). Before Christmas, there were some awesome value gear and planes off their ebay store.