• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ultra Micro Builds!

Photo on 4-9-15 at 7.36 PM.jpg

I'll start with my most current scratch build. I present... My own version of an Edge 540. Constructed from DTFB this lil beauty does some nice 3D for its tiny size coming in at a 20 inch wingspan. The electronics were torn out of a first addition UMX Beast (without the AS3X) This plane hovers, rolling harriers, high alfa, and anything you want it to do.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Mentor
Baby Baron

Here's mine. It's a 60% version of the Bloody Baron, 18" wing span. Uses the same electronics and power pod as the FT Mighty Minis. Shown here next to a ParkZone UMX Spitfire.

There is a little bit more info, some flight video and free plans for it over in the Baby Baron - Build thread. Article coming soon.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I started on something like this just to try my hand at cutting foam board. I haven't worked on it in a while though. That is the same electronics I was thinking of trying.

View attachment 44785

I'll start with my most current scratch build. I present... My own version of an Edge 540. Constructed from DTFB this lil beauty does some nice 3D for its tiny size coming in at a 20 inch wingspan. The electronics were torn out of a first addition UMX Beast (without the AS3X) This plane hovers, rolling harriers, high alfa, and anything you want it to do.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Mentor
View attachment 44785

Did you remove the paper from the DTFB for this? How much does it weigh?

SPONZ
yes i removed the paper, although i dont have a scale to weigh it on but its REALLY light, i really impressed myself with this one, it weighs less than the 500 mah battery i have been using on it

5g?

Here's mine. It's a 60% version of the Bloody Baron, 18" wing span. Uses the same electronics and power pod as the FT Mighty Minis. Shown here next to a ParkZone UMX Spitfire.

There is a little bit more info, some flight video and free plans for it over in the Baby Baron - Build thread. Article coming soon.
SPONS
are those 9 grams or 5 gram servos on that plane?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Mentor
Yeah, it's definitely smaller than any of the FT Mighty Minis, by quite a bit. We'll see if that still holds true after Peter's Pun Jet comes out next week.

iphome

Here is a little cub on floats i built with 3mm depron, balsa and some carbon. It used gear out of a UMX CCSS until i decided to use it for another build. Also a f22 built with dtfb, depron, canopy from an old radian and a styrofoam nose i turned using a drill as a lathe. It uses a champ brick with P51 motor. IMG_8957[1].JPG IMG_8958[1].JPG

iphome

Here are a couple more. A 24" rubber powered plane with lifting tail that tips the scales at 1 ounce and a little all balsa job with the UMX Carbon Cub SS gear in it. Both my own designs. IMG_8959[1].JPG IMG_8960[1].JPG