Ultra Micro Builds!

Theflyingfoam

Photo on 4-9-15 at 7.36 PM.jpg

I'll start with my most current scratch build. I present... My own version of an Edge 540. Constructed from DTFB this lil beauty does some nice 3D for its tiny size coming in at a 20 inch wingspan. The electronics were torn out of a first addition UMX Beast (without the AS3X) This plane hovers, rolling harriers, high alfa, and anything you want it to do.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Baby Baron

Here's mine. It's a 60% version of the Bloody Baron, 18" wing span. Uses the same electronics and power pod as the FT Mighty Minis. Shown here next to a ParkZone UMX Spitfire.

attachment.php

There is a little bit more info, some flight video and free plans for it over in the Baby Baron - Build thread. Article coming soon.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I started on something like this just to try my hand at cutting foam board. I haven't worked on it in a while though. That is the same electronics I was thinking of trying.

View attachment 44785

I'll start with my most current scratch build. I present... My own version of an Edge 540. Constructed from DTFB this lil beauty does some nice 3D for its tiny size coming in at a 20 inch wingspan. The electronics were torn out of a first addition UMX Beast (without the AS3X) This plane hovers, rolling harriers, high alfa, and anything you want it to do.

Theflyingfoam

Here's mine. It's a 60% version of the Bloody Baron, 18" wing span. Uses the same electronics and power pod as the FT Mighty Minis. Shown here next to a ParkZone UMX Spitfire.

attachment.php

There is a little bit more info, some flight video and free plans for it over in the Baby Baron - Build thread. Article coming soon.

that a pretty sweet mini baron! nice build

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
View attachment 44785

Did you remove the paper from the DTFB for this? How much does it weigh?

Theflyingfoam

SPONZ
yes i removed the paper, although i dont have a scale to weigh it on but its REALLY light, i really impressed myself with this one, it weighs less than the 500 mah battery i have been using on it

Theflyingfoam

5g?

attachment.php

SPONS
are those 9 grams or 5 gram servos on that plane?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
5 gram (HXT 500's). I'm not sure you could squeeze 9 gram servos in this one or not.

Theflyingfoam

alright thanks and WOW that thing is REALLY small then I have a few of those laying around, im seriously considering building one of these now

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Yeah, it's definitely smaller than any of the FT Mighty Minis, by quite a bit. We'll see if that still holds true after Peter's Pun Jet comes out next week.

shythephotoguy

This is the place to post all your ultra micro builds! Anything roughly smaller than 600mm wingspan.

147a_3cef.jpg

It's 700mm wingspan but it's a twin engine and will be made from 3 mm foamboard. My design is based on 60% Mini Guinea to house my scrap parts of my old Flyzone P38. My goal is to use this 4ch as a park train flyer. (doesn't have differential thrust yet)
This week i hope to plot all of the parts and start the build. Anyone interested in the build schemes/plans, please let me know. I'm willing to share!