Ultra micro scratchbuild

teflyer

Full Circle
But for that being your first ever scratchbuild! That is pretty darn cool! My respects for that!
That is a really great job on a first scratchbuild!:applause: My first one, in comparison, refused to fly, as did my next three!:eek:

Last edited:

Pilot-294

i am a genius! lol jk i beat myself up more than i feel i actually do well haha. thanks all! I'm really hoping to figure it out so it flys cus when id does fly fast enough it flys really really well!

Pilot-294

kf airfoil. my keyboard is typing double letters so short explanation.
not enough lift, simple fix. teach recommended. its the kf2 (or something like that) photo294.JPG

earthsciteach

Klein-Fogleman airfoil. Its pretty much BS as far as Bernoulli goes, but somehow works! FT did an episode on it. Did you see that, yet?

earthsciteach

Here's the link:
http://flitetest.com/articles/air-foils/
There are many versions of the concept for this airfoil. I first saw it in the mid-80's as a paper airplane wing configuration of all things. These guys wrote a whole book on it. Of course, I ate it up being the aeronautical nerd that I have always been!

Pilot-294

just did. im looking foreword to trying to see if this generates enough lift. i only did the wings outside the booms to keep weight down and if this doesnt work im going to do the double kf and do the inside wings too

earthsciteach

You might try injecting the foam with helium, too. I'm not sure how that works, as I just made up the concept, but I'm sure it has some merit.

3dRCrazy

Gravity hates me
I also made an ultra micro scratchbuilt. It was just a really small light slowstick like plane but when it flew I felt exactly the same as u did cuz it was also my first scratchbuild. It's a great feeling seeing something u built entirely on your own fly.