UMX Radian, snatched from the jaws of death!

jolfstn74

I maidened my little sailplane this morning at my usual field and still being uneasy flying without SAFE it did well, considering. As I brought it in for a landing I hear someone shouting "NOOOO...!" & Then see a giant Alsatian German Shepard,looked like a small pony, bounding happily after my plane! Fortunately I was closer and was able to grab it before he was able to get it in his jaws & crunch down. I wanted to do more flights,trim my elevator out to clear the decologe,move the center of gravity & try again,but I saw the owner had 3 huge dogs that were very interested in my plane,so I just left.they don't permit dogs to run free in this park, but the owner was a hot girl so I didn't give her a hard time about it,and even though I was being so tolerant she did not go home with me! What's up with that? Must have been worried about exposing me to covid, that's the only possible explanation. Wasn't that considerate of her? Putting my welfare above her undoubtedly intense desire to go home with me? i could tell by the way she didn't say hi back when I greeted her & complemented her fine dogs.

quorneng

Master member
Now if you really wanted to impress her you would aborted the landing, gone round again and hand caught your Radian with a cry of "Howszat!"
Of course there is always the possibility her dogs would have objected to you taking away their 'sport' and 'crunched down' on you instead.

jolfstn74

Then she could not have ignored me! Of course,the last thing I might have heard was "good dog! Now take out his throat!" & She would have gone home with her new plane,after she got the blood off.

jolfstn74

The radian is a PLEASURE to fly,and the greatest way to ween off of SAFE. One thing I've noticed is I've used my new OrangeRX T-Six instead of the toy radio I had been using that came with my sport cub S, it's amazing the difference a better radio makes!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I maidened my little sailplane this morning at my usual field and still being uneasy flying without SAFE it did well, considering. As I brought it in for a landing I hear someone shouting "NOOOO...!" & Then see a giant Alsatian German Shepard,looked like a small pony, bounding happily after my plane! Fortunately I was closer and was able to grab it before he was able to get it in his jaws & crunch down. I wanted to do more flights,trim my elevator out to clear the decologe,move the center of gravity & try again,but I saw the owner had 3 huge dogs that were very interested in my plane,so I just left.they don't permit dogs to run free in this park, but the owner was a hot girl so I didn't give her a hard time about it,and even though I was being so tolerant she did not go home with me! What's up with that? Must have been worried about exposing me to covid, that's the only possible explanation. Wasn't that considerate of her? Putting my welfare above her undoubtedly intense desire to go home with me? i could tell by the way she didn't say hi back when I greeted her & complemented her fine dogs.

Hot woman ALWAYS break rules because they know most people (specially guys) wont give them crap about it. Ill bet you a dozen doughnuts them dogs left you some presents out on your field to step or land in because one of the rules they ALWAYS break is not picking up dog poo.

Flite Risk

see if you sacrificed the plane (they are making mor every day) The right move would have been to sacrifice the plane then when she says "I feel so horrible what can I do?" you say Lets go out to dinner and forget about the whole thing..........tbc.......

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I was at a RMRC fun fly event 4-ish years ago. I had a 450 quad that I was flying around LOS with a gopro on it. As soon as I took off, A big dog runs up and chomps down on one of the arms. D'OH!. Dog was unharmed, and I only lost 1 prop. I'll have to look for the picture from my gopro of the dog eyeing the quad up earlier in the day.

LB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hrrrrrmmmm makes me wonder if there was a hot chic hiding some where when this was goin on....

jolfstn74

I can usually identify birds by sight,the webbed feet are really throwing me off, what is it? I was flying my last remaining quad (they come to me to die, including a massacre of cheap symas,3 Yuneec Breeze 4k who felt life wasn't worth living,a rebranded Serene Life "predator" who went walkabout in high winds and now lives in the forest.she sends me post cards sometimes "wish you were here.... though it's a relief you aren't!" What remains is a clone of a clone of a spark called sg700-d who is immortal,lived on my healing bench as a shelf queen for almost a year when I thought she was defective as one rotor wouldn't turn,then learned a reset made her good as new! Takes everything I throw at it thus far, including (yes,this rambling, mumbled narrative actually had a point!) an aggressive hummingbird! Dive bombed my drone one day and fell out of the sky when a blade hit him in the side of the head! I thought it killed him but he flew off when I went close to investigate.turned out he was just stunned. Tough bird,tough drone!