Umx size a10

Which motor for an umx size profile plane with two motors out of foam board. 1 maybe 2s

• Gremlin 1104s or

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • mobula7 whoop motors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OpsOne

I'm building a umx size profile a10 and looking for motor ideas.
Specs 1-2s
Smaller is better
I'm thinking maybe a pair of brushless whoop motors with with out hoops
Or push on 2" two or three blade props.
Baby hawk motors seem big for this scale.

FDS

Elite member
Look at the thrust the motors make, then see how heavy the resulting plane is. The ratio of the two will give you an idea of how it will fly.
If you haven’t built anything yet then look at a similar sized design and check the all up weight. Most designers put it in the spec.
UMX size will be very tricky with a twin and you would need extremely light construction to make it work. You will probably want to make a + shaped fuselage not a box at that scale, like a park fly/indoor micro. There is probably a plan out there for Depron mini A10 which will save you frustration and time.

OpsOne

I got the plan it
Look at the thrust the motors make, then see how heavy the resulting plane is. The ratio of the two will give you an idea of how it will fly.
If you haven’t built anything yet then look at a similar sized design and check the all up weight. Most designers put it in the spec.
UMX size will be very tricky with a twin and you would need extremely light construction to make it work. You will probably want to make a + shaped fuselage not a box at that scale, like a park fly/indoor micro. There is probably a plan out there for Depron mini A10 which will save you frustration and time.
It Was designed to be a Chuck glider here is the plans, plus three 2.5g servos I'll way it tomorrow at work.

Attachments

• A-10 glider...pdf
    215.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: FDS

OpsOne

Okay here is some ruff numbers for weight.
Plane plus servos and receiver 65g
Battery x2 1s 550mah. 130g
Motors 2x gremlin 1104s 12.6g
Props 12ish grams
Escs 4.2g total
Approximately 210g all up
Gremlin motors are rated 130g thrust each
Mobula7 motors phush 30ish grams each so they're out. Any other motor suggestions?

Reactions: FDS

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
At 130 grams thrust each (260g total) for an all up weight of 210g-ish you should have no probs.

Is that 130 gram number based on 1S?