UMX Timber Mods

awoehler

I thought I would share the mods I've done for my UMX Timber.
  • 1 strip of clear packing tape along the leading edge to reinforce the wing and a diagonal X brace on top of the fuselage since the wings seem a little weak near the flaps.
  • 3d printed vortex generators in front of the ailerons.
  • Tape on the bottom of the floats since our water is currently frozen. (snow)
GOPR1730.JPG GOPR1732.JPG GOPR1731.JPG

I've seen lots of discussion about the vortex generators. Personally I think they make the ailerons more effective at slower speeds. They are space 1/2 inch apart. The location is around the same area that l used on my Mini-Guinea. I determined the best location on the Mini-Guinea base on a rudimentary wind tunnelish device I made.

Hope these mods help someone else's plane last longer. :)

AlphaMaille44

I thought I would share the mods I've done for my UMX Timber.
  • 1 strip of clear packing tape along the leading edge to reinforce the wing and a diagonal X brace on top of the fuselage since the wings seem a little weak near the flaps.
  • 3d printed vortex generators in front of the ailerons.
  • Tape on the bottom of the floats since our water is currently frozen. (snow)
View attachment 121853 View attachment 121847 View attachment 121851

I've seen lots of discussion about the vortex generators. Personally I think they make the ailerons more effective at slower speeds. They are space 1/2 inch apart. The location is around the same area that l used on my Mini-Guinea. I determined the best location on the Mini-Guinea base on a rudimentary wind tunnelish device I made.

Hope these mods help someone else's plane last longer. :)

Do you use the vortex generators in addition to the leading edge slats?
Also, do you know the size of the main and tail wheel tires? My Timber will be here Saturday and I want to order a set of Do-bro tires as I don't really like the look of the stock tires.
Thanks