UnCivil War 9/24/2011

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
JPN, you're making me jealous. But not for long! I'll be at an event this week, we'll have plenty of carnage going on.

I do love the sWARm name though!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Picture 4.png
I agree. I've never seen anything like that. You must have a number of how many you had up at once.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I think we had 40 pilots sign the roster and leave phone numbers.
I'll try to get a count from the picture before the mass launch, but I think somebody counted about 70 transmitters at the high point.

This started out as a local thing but has grown into a bigger thing.
We have pilots that schedule work and family events so that they can make it.
We had two pilots from Cali and a few from the south end of the state.
I'll try to post some of the other vids from our most recent one :)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
No need to count. I was curious and I think 70 is a reasonable estimate. Impressive video!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
There were several people shooting vids and pictures. One of the guys has an HD camera, but I haven't seen his stuff yet.
I'll post it here if he ever gets it put together :)

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Some more sWARm vid- quad copter footage, mass launch, bowling, limbo. Tons of fun.

Last edited:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Hahaha- should probably explain a little about the UnCivil war.
The UFO club is really more of a group of guys that get together for combat and any other kind of electric flight.
No AMA, no club dues, anybody who brings food is the new club president.
We are about as loosely organized as you can get.
Twice a year the guys from the North part of the state (yanks) come down and mix it up with us.
The Rebs (guys from the Southern part of the state) host the event every spring and every fall.
We don't charge any mandatory fee, we do have sponsors that donate prizes.
Come play with us if you can :)

Josh Bixler

I think every fun fly should have this event. That was absulutly incredible! I would love to fly in an event like this.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I don't know if I could handle such an event. Seeing yes, but flying I don't know. I might think I'm controlling one while my real deal is leaving the area.

Is there a rule of engagement? Is there a winner?

Bigshow4u

that is about the coolest thing i have ever seen RC wise. That has got to be a BLAST! Where does this event take place at? If its not to far i would like to participate next time.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I think every fun fly should have this event. That was absulutly incredible! I would love to fly in an event like this.
Dude- Would love to have you guys here! It's funny how addicting these combat vids are. Our even Is held twice a year.
We use a LOT of HobbyKing gear for combat! A lot of Spektrum radios too. Maybe one or both sponsors would pop the bill for another road trip. Definitely- every fun fly should have a full contact COMBAT event :) I can't get enough of it.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I don't know if I could handle such an event. Seeing yes, but flying I don't know. I might think I'm controlling one while my real deal is leaving the area.

Is there a rule of engagement? Is there a winner?

Very few rules.

Fly your own plane. You have to be careful not to look away no matter what happens. One quick glance away and it can be difficult to pick your plane out of the swarm.

We do attempt to enforce a flight line to keep spectators out of the way of falling planes.

During the limbo we ask for all the planes to go up high every few minutes to allow folks to retrieve their planes.

Normal combat we try to fly an oval almost in formation, the guy in back tries to hit a plane in front of him.
During the sWARm it's pretty much just chaos and everyone is fair game.

Winner is the guy who walks away with the biggest grin.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
that is about the coolest thing i have ever seen RC wise. That has got to be a BLAST! Where does this event take place at? If its not to far i would like to participate next time.

Orem Utah. The fourth weekend of September and of April.
If you are ever out this way we fly combat for fun almost every weekend.

There are several FPV videos taken from this event that I will try to post but we also have some HD footage that has not been edited yet. I'll try to get it posted here when it gets uploaded.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Normal combat we try to fly an oval almost in formation, the guy in back tries to hit a plane in front of him.
During the sWARm it's pretty much just chaos and everyone is fair game.

Winner is the guy who walks away with the biggest grin.

Excellent rules! I gotta see that first hand!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Hahaha- Plan a visit around it.
If you are ever in the Salt Lake Valley of Utah for any reason work or play-
We fly on a much smaller scale every weekend- Bring a plane- Post that you are coming and there is a good chance you can play with us ;)