UnCivil War Combat Swarm and Fly In -Orem Utah

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
We will be doing again this Spring 4/28/2012
If you are within driving distance of Orem Utah come join the fun.

The official sWARm trash talk thread is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1547646

Yanks are the Northern part of the state.
Rebs are the Southern part of the state.
Some of the comments appear to be mean spirited if you are not aware of the personalities involved, but is all in good fun

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
a4732442-181-Spring2012%20SwarmPosterDetails.jpg

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
One good sWARm video deserves another.
Another video of the Fall version of the UnCivil War Combat sWARm
(Ninja's were in charge of the bowling :) )

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
GoPro video I captured from the mass launch at the sWARm on Saturday.
Raw unedited. Enjoy.
Plane EPP Albatross Trainer from CrashTestHobby
Camera GoPro Hero

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
And some of the first edited video from the sWARm is coming in.
Will post links here as the other stuff rolls in.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Some FPV at the sWARm

Gotta love a guy who is willing to fly his FPV plane in the sWARm

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Awesome.
Many of the techniques that you have used on the Assassin build translate well to blue core.
It's just not as durable as EPP.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Hey Teach-

At the last couple of sWARm events one of our guys put together an F22 made out of coroplast.
He flew that thing all DAY. Yeah, he'd get hit, run back to his hot glue gun, fix it, go get hit again.
This year he cut out some extra ones and sold the airframes for 5 bucks. I couldn't resist, I bought one.
I haven't built it yet but I'll let you know how it goes. He gets the coroplast free (he's a cop so he just picks up illegal signs).
The rest of it is the electronics and prop that the Assassin uses, just HUGE throws on the elevons. You might see it flying around in some of the sWARm videos.

The plans are free and came from this thread on RC Groups:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740049&page=349

earthsciteach

Yeah, I saw you mention that in another post. It was actually the inspiration to build the wing for my buddy last night! I said, "Hey! I have Coroplast. Why not build a Coroplast wing?" Then I said, "Foam would be much nicer. And, what if the Coroplast is more durable than my Assassin. I can't have that!"

I also get it free! I have a friend who works for a sign company. Nice hookup there!

earthsciteach

In the absence of anyone to crash my wing into, I invented a new game to entertain myself. I fly in a small field directly behind my house. Technically, its a cemetery, but there is a large portion "undeveloped." They mowed it a couple of days ago, so the grass is nice and short. But, its full of dandelion chutes topped with seeds arrogantly sticking up. I call my game, Weed Whacker.

The challenge is to fly low enough to behead the dandelions without crashing. Success rate is about 30%. Entertainment rate is 100%. Check out my prop...

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    416.1 KB · Views: 50

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Awesome
I find myself doing similar things.
I have one wing that is really good at doing bounce and goes. It's the only wing that I find I can do it regularly with.
Our parks are overrun with soccer goals. I find myself flying low and not so slow flirting with them as I use them almost like racing pylons.
And when the weather warms up a little more and we do some dawn patrol action I fly through the sprinklers :)

earthsciteach

Nice! The sprinkler patrol is impressive.

We have two soccer fields at school. One doesn't have a net. I was having fun fling through it yesterday.