Universal power pack

Jammer

I am new to the hobby and scratch building I have built the sparrow and have enjoyed tossing it back and forth. But I want the next step and am wondering what is the best power pack for beginners can use in almost every ft build.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I would recommend the power pack C. The C pack will be able to fly all the standard sized planes, which are easier to fly than the mini planes. I would recommend making an Old Speedster or Old Fogey and using the C pack on a small (1000 mah) 2s lipo. They will fly super slow and the stalls are very gentle. Then when you are comfortable flying that you can put the motor in a Storch and fly that on a 3s battery.
Have fun and welcome!

evranch

Seconding the C pack, you can fly both trainers and aerobatic planes with it. Standard size planes are easier to see in the sky and have gentler handling. Both of the "Old" planes are good trainers, you could also build the Simple Cub which is a classic high wing trainer.

Jammer

I would recommend the power pack C. The C pack will be able to fly all the standard sized planes, which are easier to fly than the mini planes. I would recommend making an Old Speedster or Old Fogey and using the C pack on a small (1000 mah) 2s lipo. They will fly super slow and the stalls are very gentle. Then when you are comfortable flying that you can put the motor in a Storch and fly that on a 3s battery.
Have fun and welcome!
Thank you for your wisdom

Jammer

Seconding the C pack, you can fly both trainers and aerobatic planes with it. Standard size planes are easier to see in the sky and have gentler handling. Both of the "Old" planes are good trainers, you could also build the Simple Cub which is a classic high wing trainer.
Thank you for your wisdom