*Unofficial* Alpha Bravo Charlie

nbailey

Is is possible I got the wrong prop with the kit. The prop is spinning ccw as per the build video. The numbers on the prop are pointed toward the nose. But the plane wanted to go backward, holding it in my hand :(. Launching it went straight into the ground. :(

Perhaps I needed this one: https://store.flitetest.com/hq-6x4-5-standard-ccw-props/ rather than https://store.flitetest.com/hq-6x4-5-reverse-cw-props/

First plane. First build. I'm probably doing something stupid. Thanks all.

This is not my first plane, and I'm having the same problem with the Bravo I'm building.

The motor is spinning counter clockwise when viewed from the rear of the plane, just like in Josh's build video. The bag I was sent was labeled Emax 6.30 CCW Prop... but if I put these things on this plane it's going to try to fly backwards.

JGplanes

Just out of curiosity, how do you think this plane would handle a new Power Pack B, and what propeller would you pair with it, since we can only go 6.5"? If I do this, I might be going to 4s also, but my only 4s batteries are very large. I'd like to stick with 3S 2200s if I can.

Yayat

This is not my first plane, and I'm having the same problem with the Bravo I'm building.

The motor is spinning counter clockwise when viewed from the rear of the plane, just like in Josh's build video. The bag I was sent was labeled Emax 6.30 CCW Prop... but if I put these things on this plane it's going to try to fly backwards.
writting on the prop should be faceing the motor

whackflyer

Master member
I’ve been thinking about building the bravo and am wondering if you can put the fins vertical instead of in a triangle shape? It appears that you could but I just want to make sure...

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I’ve been thinking about building the bravo and am wondering if you can put the fins vertical instead of in a triangle shape? It appears that you could but I just want to make sure...
Yes you can, or at least it worked for me. I did a bravo wing and the alpha stabilizers.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
Yes, everything is swappable between the planes. I made my vertical stabilizers more like the F15, I used canards, and I built all three wings. I even put ailerons on the trainer (Charlie) wing and set them to work off of the rudder. That made for a great roll rate.

JDill

The Bravo is my favorite and the triangle shaped vertical stabilizer is what drew me to it ;-) Makes it unique. Mine is gray, with black wings and yellow on the tail to help with orientation.

Attachments

• Bravo.jpg
    Bravo.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

androutsos

Near the finishing stages of my build. Lovely looking model. I use rudder a lot on my bigger models, so
I'm just wondering, would it be worth anything if I made the twin stabilizers with rudder control?

JDill

Near the finishing stages of my build. Lovely looking model. I use rudder a lot on my bigger models, so
I'm just wondering, would it be worth anything if I made the twin stabilizers with rudder control?
On smaller planes I never miss a rudder. But then I love flying small wings, which of course are bank-and-yank, so that may be why. Now if it's an ARF model that has the option to make the rudder functional I always do...but those would be somewhat larger planes.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member

nope. not worth the time, weight, or complexity. elevons on these work just fine.

good luck,

me :cool: