Unofficial Flite Test Fan Meet and Greet at Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome Living Museum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthsciteach

I, along with our beloved, yet power-abusing FlyingMonkey, am announcing the first annual, UNOFFICIAL, NON-CHAD SANCTIONED Flite Test-Flite Fest get-together!

links_picture_01.jpg

Where?: Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, Rhinebeck, NY.

When?: EDIT DATES WILL CHANGE TO JULY AS FLYINGMONKEY HAS WILDFIRE FIGHTING COMMITMENTS. REVISED DATES TBD.

Why?: Because we really appreciate you jackballs!

How?: Um, that is sort of a philosophical question. Just show up.

What?: http://www.oldrhinebeck.org

Details: We have none, other than the date posted. If a vast majority agree upon a date other than June 22 & 23, we may be inclined to accommodate. However, I reserve the right to say nay to the week of July 4th. I have a very important commitment.

There are several campgrounds in the area which we could invade. I will be doing research into nearby areas in which we could fly RC aircraft.

This was born out of me and TheMonkey planning a trip to the Aerodrome together. We are hoping that as many FT Forum peeps as possible will make the trip. This FT forum community is a very tight and kind one. Tonight, Monkey and I had the conversation of how fortunate we have all been to have had such a friendly, non-jerkish group of people on the forum for this long of a time. We'd really like to meet you guys in person!

As this thing progresses, I'll be posting updates on where we can stay, etc. Naturally, we are thinking campgrounds, because Monkey likes hammock tents and I like to pee outdoors. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

Pilot-294

Somebody should donate to me an airplane ticket for a broke airman who wishes he could come! Lol jk i really wish i could make it. You need to have nametags so everybody can display their names from here hahaha keep confusion to a minimum

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Yuck, long flites on herky-birds are not fun.
Pass the hat or something!
In case you ask, I have been on a c-130h 3 times.
3rd time, I cleaned it.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
This is something I've been wanting to do for years. The Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome is a living museum. If you're an early aviation buff, WWI planes and the like, this is a must visit.

I've read that they actually fly some of the old time planes, doing reenactments, and some sort of comedy routine including the Red Baron.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=150632944949086

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cole-Palens-Old-Rhinebeck-Aerodrome/99854501322

Images stolen from various places on the internet. I can't wait to take some of my own.

rhinebeck_airfield.jpg

4939329688_ef1dc048f9_z.jpg

rhinebeck_flightline.jpg

255538_477866768891056_736384380_n.jpg

303556_518379538178519_212642507_n.jpg

Pilot-294

Yuck, long flites on herky-birds are not fun.
Pass the hat or something!
In case you ask, I have been on a c-130h 3 times.
3rd time, I cleaned it.

haha ive never been on a herky-bird before, its been all airlines for me so far. i doubt ill get the experience till i deploy

Fishbonez

Well would love to join ya but NY just is not in the plans this year besides that I have had my fill of C130s and C5s etc for now. Hopefully next year you will all head west :cool:

Fishbonez

I hope to begin my Trek home sometime in May and though I would love to spend some time in NY I think I would rather spend sometime with the family :cool:

earthsciteach

100%, my friend!

Glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. You'll be crashing airplanes in no time!

How far from Malmstrom are you (when you're home)? Jesse, Pilot-294 is stationed there.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
You're on your own for all fees.

I'll be flying up, and I have Patrick talked into picking me up from the airport.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I might bring a tricopter, maybe an ultra micro. I don't know where we'll be able to fly, and I tend to prefer to bring as few things for the airline guys to break, as possible.

earthsciteach

You can ship a few planes to my house ahead of time. I promise to keep a good eye on them for you! Hee hee.
Make sure you send plenty of batteries, too.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Two points....

One, we're looking at a date change, to sometime in July. I signed up to be called for wildfire duty, and that lasts through June.

Two... I've gone through several cameras. Most recently I use the GoPro for video (and still captures) but I've used a Pentax Optio for stills and some video before I got the GoPro.

Status
Not open for further replies.