*Unofficial* FT A-10 Warthog

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
I've started printing some PETG, now 95% sure a lot of my previous motor issues were due to PLA melting from hot motors, and I'm trying a new approach to the nacelles for the FTA-10....

PXL_20210619_180245582_2.jpg

Also changed to a 2207 1750kv motor to better handle 6S. More to come

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
One more tease. Printing is coming along, just takes many hours to get these size of pieces printed so I won't likely have all the pieces down till maybe this weekend.

Front.png

angle.png

*The alignment in these pics isn't perfect, but I was more concerned with an overall layout vs exact fit in this modelling.

Each nacelle is made up of 5 duct pieces (Fwd, Center mid, Center Aft, Aft straight, Aft) and the brackets are based off of Drone5's design. And yes, I do plan to share the files once I know they are all good to go. I've had to make many tweaks along the way, as always in this hobby haha

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
Almost finished printing the duct pieces. I have one section left, but am able to put the pieces for the Right nacelle together. Still some clean up on the prints, these were my first PETG prints to try to get the higher temp resistance and avoid melting motor mount again. They are also not fully glued together yet.

PXL_20210704_180811417_2.jpg

PXL_20210704_180819352_2.jpg

This view shows the ESC in line with the airflow.
View attachment

And these are to compare to the DTFB nacelles, almost the same length and just a few mm les diameter.
PXL_20210704_181024597_2.jpg

PXL_20210704_181100347_2.jpg

I will likely get them all glued up and make a small chunk of the fuselage as a test to see how they actually hold up under power. I will certainly get video when I do that run up :)

Once I test those and think they'll hold up then I'll start cutting foam again... oh and all the other 3D printing of parts like the cockpit and FPV pan/tilt.

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
CABMZN that looks amazing!

Got the pieces all printed out and glued together.

PXL_20210708_111850490_2.jpg

PXL_20210708_111902681_2.jpg

PXL_20210708_112953332.jpg

I did connect it to the FC and did some throttle ups with 6S and they really blow...and suck. Pulled a loose piece of plastic up off my bench with became FOD and put a hole in the side of the one FWD duct section. Filled it with brown Gorilla Glue and will carry on...with a cleaned up work bench lol

GrizWiz

Elite member

speedy7385

CABMZN that looks amazing!

Got the pieces all printed out and glued together.

View attachment 203084

View attachment 203085

View attachment 203086

I did connect it to the FC and did some throttle ups with 6S and they really blow...and suck. Pulled a loose piece of plastic up off my bench with became FOD and put a hole in the side of the one FWD duct section. Filled it with brown Gorilla Glue and will carry on...with a cleaned up work bench lol
That's looking awesome, did you get a chance to measure the output thrust?

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
That's looking awesome, did you get a chance to measure the output thrust?

I need to figure out a good way to test that, but I am fairly certain it is more powerful then the previous 4" on 2300kv setup that kept burning up motors, but had plenty of power to fly.

I am currently working on another project primarily though. I bought 2x of the fpvcombat.com systems and am building some Mini FT Spears to test them out in. The size of the FTA10 makes it a bear to build up the actual plane.