*Unofficial* FT A-10 Warthog

gadgetmann

Drone 5: I hate you! ;)
I first heard about 3D printing listening to old RC Roundtable podcasts... Now I fully believe I will have to get one... someday...
Thanks for posting your files.

Drone 5

Drone 5: I hate you! ;)
I first heard about 3D printing listening to old RC Roundtable podcasts... Now I fully believe I will have to get one... someday...
Thanks for posting your files.
I have had one for a couple of years now, don't know how I ever did without one not only for the hobby but replacing broken things in the house.

Drone 5

Hi all
Just a quick update on the second A 10.
The weather in the UK has not been kind to us for the last couple of months, storm after storm so not been out flying.

I have however been working on the warthog and it is about ready for some more test flights when the weather improves.

Here are a few photos as to date.

IMG_0400.JPG
IMG_0401.JPG
IMG_0402.JPG
IMG_0403.JPG

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Alrighty, so I started an A-10 finally! I'm doing mine at 70%. I have some 7x3.5x3 props on order and I plan on using them with two B pack motors and running 4s lipo. I fit the plans onto four sheets of ftfb and I have three of them cut out so far and I've started on the fourth. I can't wait to get this thing in the air!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Drone 5

Alrighty, so I started an A-10 finally! I'm doing mine at 70%. I have some 7x3.5x3 props on order and I plan on using them with two B pack motors and running 4s lipo. I fit the plans onto four sheets of ftfb and I have three of them cut out so far and I've started on the fourth. I can't wait to get this thing in the air!

Good to hear.
Keep posted on progress.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
How do I get the full plans down to the 8.5*11?
All you have to do is open up the plans in Adobe Reader and select print. After the print window opens up there should be a section in the middle of the window labeled "Page Sizing & Handling" right below that there should be options to choose between "Size" "Poster" "Multiple" and "Booklet" You are going to want to select the "Poster" option. Next, ensure your tile scale is set to 100%, your overlap is set at 0.005 in. and that you have the "Tile only large pages" option selected. You can also select "Cut marks" which will make taping the sheets of paper together easier, but it will increase your page count from 8 to 12. Lastly, go down to the bottom of the print window and click print.
Note: If you do not have the poster option on your laptop you may need to upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader. It may even be old enough that looking in the program options for updates does not work. You will have to go to Adobe website to get new version.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I got the wing built!
1F62F544-9DE7-4022-8D0E-700C5F2E4F40.jpeg

I’m happy with how it turned out, although the airfoil in two of the parts ended up not perfect. Due to the smaller size, the folds were pretty tight and left the bottom of the wing a little curved. By the l made the last wing section I had it down so I got one perfect one. The wing is a super solid construction and I’m pleased with how it came out. (y):)

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
All you have to do is open up the plans in Adobe Reader and select print. After the print window opens up there should be a section in the middle of the window labeled "Page Sizing & Handling" right below that there should be options to choose between "Size" "Poster" "Multiple" and "Booklet" You are going to want to select the "Poster" option. Next, ensure your tile scale is set to 100%, your overlap is set at 0.005 in. and that you have the "Tile only large pages" option selected. You can also select "Cut marks" which will make taping the sheets of paper together easier, but it will increase your page count from 8 to 12. Lastly, go down to the bottom of the print window and click print.
Note: If you do not have the poster option on your laptop you may need to upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader. It may even be old enough that looking in the program options for updates does not work. You will have to go to Adobe website to get new version.

Visual representation of what he said....
1583349364281.png

This is from when I shrunk the FT Mini Arrow to 57% scale to make a Nano Arrow.

ScratchBuildMast

Elite member
Great! One tip - contrary to the build video, use a bbq skewer to open up the verses in the LE of the wing. I didn’t on mine and it was hard to get the right shape with the downscaled size and I ended up with a curved bottom...
The verses? You mean the scores used to create the shape of the wing?