*Unofficial* FT Corsair

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Thanks. It really is not a very good airfoil (clark Y) for an experienced slope soarer, doesn't go fast, no energy retention at all (comes to a stop in the turns) but i think its a pretty amazing beginner slope soarer setup as it is very very easy to fly even in 25 mph winds. Since its much slower and it kind of "mutes" or in dont know how to say it...it just doesn't have any bad tendencies for a new person just casually goes where you point it.

Brother spons.. built the sweethart of okinawa. Now want to order decals but need a size of the plane. For all that matters for (all of FT planes) or does annybody got a idea for fleaowl??? In the future decals should be known with the plans. Hand too shakie for brush

bracesport

Legendary member
@kilroy - I can not believe I missed this maiden - way to go - awesome night flight - was there any bugs annoying you this time?

IsmaelPR77

Can I build the FT Corsair then add the electronics? Or is that impossible due to the design/build? I'd like to install everything once the build is done.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Even on my slope soarer build (no motor, no ESC, no battery access needed as its glued inside) it would have been pretty hard to stick to the build video and put them in later.

Anyone thought about if it would be possible/practical to redesign the wings to incorporate the folding wings? I’ve always loved a Corsair with its wings up.

Attachments

• 046EAF9B-08B2-455A-B4A7-0DC2E748397D.png
    046EAF9B-08B2-455A-B4A7-0DC2E748397D.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
If there was a way to hook it up with a servo so they would slowly swing at the touch of a button (y)
That would be the easy part. The hard part is to design a good locking system so when the wing is extended there is no weight or stress on the servos plus it has to have a nice hinge setup.