Staff member
Admin
Mentor
FT Corsair

Designed By: John Overstreet
Plans By: Dan Sponholz
FT Corsair Forums 600.png

Description:
The FT Corsair represents a new chapter of Flite Test scratch built aircraft! Using techniques developed by John Overstreet which he has also used in his metalworking, this plane uses "mold together" techniques instead of the traditional "fold together" techniques that Flite Test planes are primarily known for. Peeling the paper and curving the foam not only gives the airplanes amazing scale looks but also makes it fly as good as it looks!​
On this Corsair, you'll notice the beautiful curves in the airfoil and the fuselage that is a result of some of the new techniques that we are introducing. While some of these techniques will feel new if this is not your first Flite Test build, please know that once you learn them, they will be carrying over to future Flite Test aircraft so you can put them to use on future designs. There are also techniques used in the build that you are going to be very familiar with if you have built previous Flite Test aircraft.​
This aircraft has a very wide envelope of speed and performance to match your skill level. Though this airplane does introduce some new build techniques you can consider it a beginner to an intermediate flyer! Bumping it up to a 4 cell battery can even give the most advanced pilots a great experience.​

Speed Build Kit:
Power Pack Compatibility:

Specs:
Wingspan:
Center of Gravity:
Control Surface Throws:
Expo Suggestions:

Free Plans: FT Corsair Free Plans

Videos:

Last edited:

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
I really curious about the new build technique. It looks really clean.

FastCrash45

Elite member
FT Corsair

Designed By: John Overstreet
Plans By: Dan Sponholz
View attachment 124840
Description:
The FT Corsair represents a new chapter of Flite Test scratch built aircraft! Using techniques developed by John Overstreet which he has also used in his metalworking, this plane uses "mold together" techniques instead of the traditional "fold together" techniques that Flite Test planes are primarily known for. Peeling the paper and curving the foam not only gives the airplanes amazing scale looks but also makes it fly as good as it looks!​
On this Corsair, you'll notice the beautiful curves in the airfoil and the fuselage that is a result of some of the new techniques that we are introducing. While some of these techniques will feel new if this is not your first Flite Test build, please know that once you learn them, they will be carrying over to future Flite Test aircraft so you can put them to use on future designs. There are also techniques used in the build that you are going to be very familiar with if you have built previous Flite Test aircraft.​
This aircraft has a very wide envelope of speed and performance to match your skill level. Though this airplane does introduce some new build techniques you can consider it a beginner to an intermediate flyer! Bumping it up to a 4 cell battery can even give the most advanced pilots a great experience.​

Speed Build Kit:
Power Pack Compatibility:

Specs:
Wingspan:
Center of Gravity:
Control Surface Throws:
Expo Suggestions:

Free Plans: Coming Soon

Videos:
I've come to realize that I HAVE to build ALL of FT's airplanes. ESPECIALLY this Corsair!!

FastCrash45

Elite member
Have shipping prices gone up? Shipping for the corsair is 15 dollars! anyway i preordered it, cant wait to build this one!
Usually the increase is because of an extra long box, which I was told by our postmaster, makes them difficult to handle properly. I make cigar box guitars and because of the size box, 36x12x6, peice is abour $4 higher than a standard 12x12x6 at the same weight. I don't like it because it chews into profits but they always arrive in good shape.

JTarmstr

Elite member
Usually the increase is because of an extra long box, which I was told by our postmaster, makes them difficult to handle properly. I make cigar box guitars and because of the size box, 36x12x6, peice is abour $4 higher than a standard 12x12x6 at the same weight. I don't like it because it chews into profits but they always arrive in good shape.

Ok thanks. i wonder if its also how big it is, looks like the corsair will be 6 sheets at least.

FastCrash45

Elite member
Yeah, it's definitely coming in an odd shaped box and I think you're right, probably at least 6 sheets. I look forward to building that plane!!

danbob

Really looking forward to having a go at building this after watching the build video.
Can anyone tell me what thickness of ply Is recommended for the wing spar please?

gutboy17

I love this model. One kit in the shopping cart. I'm hoping one of the talented modelers out there will design a F2G conversion and possibly the clip wing Super Corsair.