Admin
Mentor
FT EZ Glider
Design by
: Josh Bixler
Plans by: Dan Sponholz

FT_EZ_Glider_Forums_600.png

Description:
The FT EZ Glider is a great introductory build to introduce you to the Flite Test line of DIY Airplanes. It's simple design and polyhedral wings allow for the EZ Glider to be built and flown with ease. Adjust the control surfaces on the tail and learn how they affect the flight characteristics. Throwing gliders is best enjoyed when with a friend or loved one. So grab your glue gun and start building!​

Speed Build Kit:

Specifications:
Center of Gravity: 1.5 inches (38 mm) from leading edge​
Wingspan: 28 inches (711 mm)​

Free Plans: FT EZ Glider Free Plans

Videos:

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hi Mr. Sponholz! I'm looking forward to building the EZ glider but I can't find the plans. I've checked your plans index and the build video description but they're not there. When will they be up and where?

They will be available to download next week. I will update here, the resources page and the plans index when they are ready. Thanks for you patience.

Hyper46havoc

Thank you very much for plans SPONZ very easy build and my kids should enjoy it on the weekend. Will have to build a couple more probaly could of taken more time on the wrap but not sure how long it will last with kids. Thanks again
20190214_174338.jpg
20190214_204810.jpg
20190215_022437.jpg
20190215_022505.jpg

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Oooohhh! Pretty, how was the build? I'm planning on building one with servos (no motor at first, maybe add one later) to see if I can get it to slope-soar on windy days like today (20+ mph gusts today :eek:). One thing I'm going to change is the nose, I don't like all those ridges, hopefully smoother will make it more aerodynamic :LOL:, not by much though (after-all, this is foam board we're talking about here, you can only reach a certain level of aerodynamicness)

Hyper46havoc

The build was simple I had to recut the fuse doublers so hatch sits flush but that was probably down to my cutting out other than that all worked fine plans tile nicely. All up finished weight is 196g but I have 49g of lead to get cg right. I feel the foam board I use is heavy compared to the ft stuff need to weigh a sheet. Anyway It's something I hope my children can get some enjoyment out of.