*Unofficial* FT Legacy (Founders Plane)

ke5etc

This is an optional tailwheel linkage that can be glued directly on the tail of an FT Legacy. Find any small wheel that fits 2 mm pushrods and fit as you see in the pictures. Bend into shape as you see fit to make the best tail wheel assembly. Good luck and happy flying!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3043957

Attachments

• 20180810_220235.jpg
    20180810_220235.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180810_220249.jpg
    20180810_220249.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180810_220317.jpg
    20180810_220317.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 0

pl007

I’m not crazy about how this plane flies. Mine is very prone to stall and then the landing gear acts like an anchor. Mine is also not smooth in the air at all. I’m retiring mine today to wall hanger. It’s just been consistently frustrating. Love my SE5 and Tiny Trainer though! I’ll try the Simple Cub next.

Yawnsky24

Pl007, what setup are you using on the legacy? Two of us here have them and they are setup with twin motors and fly great. Neither of us has experienced even a single stall tendency and we fly them to the point of stall to get them to spin with differential thrust. As a matter of fact we both put GoPros on our planes as they fly so well they make great video platforms.

BS projects inc.

Elite member
I’m not crazy about how this plane flies. Mine is very prone to stall and then the landing gear acts like an anchor. Mine is also not smooth in the air at all. I’m retiring mine today to wall hanger. It’s just been consistently frustrating. Love my SE5 and Tiny Trainer though! I’ll try the Simple Cub next.
\

The simple cub flies horribly dont bother

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor

I'd recommend a Simple Scout instead of the Simple Cub. I have had great luck with the scout and heard very few people with troubles on those. The Tubby Cubby on the other hand has been a struggle for many folks - sometimes it's perfect, but quite a few have a rough time of it.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
well, i finally got my box of goodies the other day. now i need to get a few more parts ordered since i used most of what i had while i was waiting for the plane to show up.

still planning on a twin, contra-rotating nose motor(s), and then 2 B-pack motors out on the wings. should make for plenty of power and hopefully look pretty cool. plus, i haven't seen anyone do a triple, let alone with a twin contra spinning on the front.

now if i can just clear all the other projects i'm in the middle of off the table, we can get started.

laters,

me :cool:

BS projects inc.

Elite member
It only flies "Horribly" until you increase the main wing incidence after which it is calm and rather floaty. A known problem with a large number of builders! Just a heads up!

Have fun!

thanks but I think I'm done with that plane for now. I have built three none of which flew right.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
thanks but I think I'm done with that plane for now. I have built three none of which flew right.
Your choice as it should be. I built one when the complaints started rolling in and after a few close calls worked out the issues and now it is an adequate performing ship though to be honest a little boring. Others love them and some hate them such is life!

Have a great day!