Admin
Mentor
FT Legacy
The Founders Plane
Design By: Josh Bixler
Plans By: Dan Sponholz

FT Legacy Forum.png

Description:
The FT Legacy was inspired by the Telelmaster. This was the plane that had the most impact on my personal growth as a pilot along with a legacy of its own. The Telemaster has been a workhorse for many years, from flying cables over valleys to dropping candy for kids, this plane has been celebrated for not only its versatility but also its great flight characteristics from training to smooth aerobatics.​
From Josh Bixler:
"My desire for creating the FT Legacy was to not only honor the aircraft that inspired me so much but to also do the mods I longed to have in my youth. The FT Legacy can be a be an excellent trainer as a simple 3 channel single motor version. Smooth and relaxing flights with coordinated turns can be expected. Add ailerons and Split flaps and you will have a STOL Aircraft that will turn heads and perform amazing aerobatics while still being gentle and forgiving. With the twin motor version, you will be able to experience FPV, crazy aerobatics, and wild maneuverability. All these versions will also enable you to drop anything from parachutes to candy from the bomb bay located under the CG of the plane.
This little foam plane has a been a labor of love not only because it was the source of many memories for me as a child, but also because it is a small thank you to the many amazing individuals who are responsible for giving Flite Test a home. Edgewater Airpark is a reality because of the amazing contributions from our FT Family. This location will be a home to the entire FT community and the source of many memories for years to come. Thanks to you, FliteTest is going to have a very special legacy of its own and the best part is that it will be because of our amazing flying family."

Power Pack Compatibility:

Specs:
Wingspan: 56 Inches/1422mm​
Control Surface Throws: 12 Degrees​
Expo Suggestions: 30%​

Free Plans: FT Legacy (Founders Plane)

Videos:

Build Videos:

Store Links:
Flite Test Legacy Electric Airplane Kit

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
In case you have not heard (because you apparently live under a rock or something) the Founders Edition Airplane perk rewards are starting to ship this week. If you donated to Edgewater Airpark, and your pledge level included the FT Legacy kit, you should be receiving your rewards very soon. Look for more information regarding the build video coming soon.

Free plans will be available sometime after Flite Fest Ohio.

kilroy07

Legendary member
I'm just going to leave this here...:cool:
Awe man, SO jealous!!! I can NOT WAIT for my kit to arrive!! Just a short hop through Indiana so I'm hoping tomorrow or Saturday!

Glad to hear they are releasing the plans too, that way "when" I crash her, I'll be able to build another!
(Plan on returning home with a whole box of FT foamboard from FF!)

blafasel

I can't help myself. It looks like an upscaled Simple Cub with twin engines.

It's so ridiculously simple. It's just great...

JGplanes

That's so awesome! It was great talking to Josh at Horizon Hobby Fest and hear about all the love these kits are getting... Definitely worth the wait.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
You not going to open/build that right? That's a collectors item right there!!
It's sole purpose in life is to built and flown. I have a picture of it. That's all I need. This bird will fly at Flite Fest. You might even see her in the FT Legacy episode! :cool:

I'll just have to have @Josh Bixler sign the plane at Flite Fest.

brewtechie205

Hey Sponz - couple of quick questions on the FT Legacy.

I see they have the build video up for the single-engine version, in it Josh is installing a C-Pack motor emax GT2215 - is that a "425 size" motor has the model card recommends? Is the GT2215 also the recommended motor is building it as a twin?

Thanks,
-Michael

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hey Sponz - couple of quick questions on the FT Legacy.

I see they have the build video up for the single-engine version, in it Josh is installing a C-Pack motor emax GT2215 - is that a "425 size" motor has the model card recommends? Is the GT2215 also the recommended motor is building it as a twin?

Thanks,
-Michael
Yes, the Emax GT2215 1100kv motor is the C-Pack motor (park 425 size). If you are building the single you are going to need to use that motor.

If you want to build a Twin or Tri-Motor, you have a couple options. You can use the C-Pack (GT2215) or the B-Pack (MT2213) for those. I'm building my first Legacy as a Twin using the C-Pack motors.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I got permission from Alex to share the Legacy logo and Edgewater Airpark logos with all of you. Feel free to make some logos to print and put on your airplanes. The Adobe Illustrator source files are attached as well. I'm not sure how those will work with the forum. If you have any issues with these images please let me know. Enjoy!

FT EWAP Logo.png
FT Legacy Logo.png

Attachments

• Legacy_logo.ai
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • logov1_final.ai
    2 MB · Views: 0

kilroy07

Legendary member
Very Cool, Thanks!

I was about to "beg" for the plans (fully winning to sign a NDA! LOL) as I was worried with a last name like Wright I figured mine wouldn't arrive in time for Flight Fest (a lifetime of being the last on any list...)

BUT MINE ARRIVED TODAY!! :D

Just pulled the PNGs into Cricut and should have a nice looking Bird to Maiden at FF!
(I think I will wait for the twin Video, she'll be my first twin!)

kilroy07

Legendary member
Hopefully the twin video will be released today... I've been holding off tearing off the shrink wrap until it does! ('cause I know, once I do... There's no turning back!) ;)