*Unofficial* FT Legacy (Founders Plane)

WillL84

Well I got my Legacy balanced finally. Picked up a bunch of 1oz steel fishing weights. It only took 8oz in the nose to get it balanced 🤣. I also got my bomb drops mounted and wired up. The two drops and the center bomb bay are all hooked to the same channel and work together.

I'll get the videos of the bomb drop uploaded to YouTube later so I can post them here.
View attachment 20220224_205214.jpg

Intashu

Elite member
Well I got my Legacy balanced finally. Picked up a bunch of 1oz steel fishing weights. It only took 8oz in the nose to get it balanced 🤣. I also got my bomb drops mounted and wired up. The two drops and the center bomb bay are all hooked to the same channel and work together.

I'll get the videos of the bomb drop uploaded to YouTube later so I can post them here.
View attachment 220958
Yeah, The legacy is HUGE. but having the motors on the wings instead of the nose does keep the forward weight closer to the CG mark. I was able to get mine to balance really well... by using my rc truck 5300mah 3s lipo! I'd always opt to load more batteries on a plane instead of adding dead weight when possible. and the Legacy is a great platform to setup to run with dual batteries (or one big one) to make the most of it's large size!

Thoes Bomb drops look fantastic!

WillL84

Yeah, The legacy is HUGE. but having the motors on the wings instead of the nose does keep the forward weight closer to the CG mark. I was able to get mine to balance really well... by using my rc truck 5300mah 3s lipo! I'd always opt to load more batteries on a plane instead of adding dead weight when possible. and the Legacy is a great platform to setup to run with dual batteries (or one big one) to make the most of it's large size!

Thoes Bomb drops look fantastic!

I was thinking of going bigger on the battery but I'm using the one the recommended with the kit - 3S 2200mAh. Also the steel weights were cheaper lol. Down the road I might go bigger on the battery, more for longer flying times. Also the legacy V2 has the extra fins on the tail plane so that means extra hot glue = a little more tail weight.

I'm happy with how the bomb drops came out. The tough part was finding where to mount them. The bottom of the nacelles seemed like the best spot and I was able to just use the holes for the flap servos to run the wires through the wing. Can't wait for some nice weather so I can get this thing in the air!

Battery800

Elite member
I was thinking of going bigger on the battery but I'm using the one the recommended with the kit - 3S 2200mAh. Also the steel weights were cheaper lol. Down the road I might go bigger on the battery, more for longer flying times. Also the legacy V2 has the extra fins on the tail plane so that means extra hot glue = a little more tail weight.

I'm happy with how the bomb drops came out. The tough part was finding where to mount them. The bottom of the nacelles seemed like the best spot and I was able to just use the holes for the flap servos to run the wires through the wing. Can't wait for some nice weather so I can get this thing in the air!
yep, with a 2200 and no attachments mine was almost exactly 2kgs

WillL84

Does anyone have the dimensions for the throw gauge for this plane? My V2 kit didn't come with one in the foam board parts

WillL84

I've got 4 pieces of balsa wood that came with my kit but ZERO info in the build videos as to where they go. They're about 1-1/8" wide, 4mm thick and almost 11-3/4" long. The only thing I can think of looking at the plans is the wing spars but those are notched on the ends and it says they're plywood. I did use those two for my win spars as show in the build video though. Does anyone know what these are for?

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
I've got 4 pieces of balsa wood that came with my kit but ZERO info in the build videos as to where they go. They're about 1-1/8" wide, 4mm thick and almost 11-3/4" long. The only thing I can think of looking at the plans is the wing spars but those are notched on the ends and it says they're plywood. I did use those two for my win spars as show in the build video though. Does anyone know what these are for?
pics?

luvmy40

Elite member
Every SBK I have purchased from FT has had at least one of those balsa planks in the parts kit. The only plane I have built that used one is the FT 3D(and I scratch built that one).

Battery800

Elite member
I think they just come with every kit. I used the big paint sticks from home depot on the center and split those about 2/3 height to be the same as the spar outside of the center paint sticks