FliteBender

Agreed....I just spent a month purpose building a laser that would accommodate a full 20X30 sheet of foam, but I dont think that I would have the patience to cut out even one LongEZ with a knife and paper patterns. I enjoy building a lot, but cutting is just not fun at all. My laser is not the fastest but it can cut out the plane above in 12 minutes, the much more complicated edge 540 by contrast took about an hour and a half. It surely makes a wreck that destroys a plane a lot easier to swallow!

How much did you spend to build the laser cutter? Do you have the build documented anywhere?

basslord1124

Master member
Well I gave the LongEZ another try and pretty much ended in the same fate as my original maiden video. I did launch under hand but I don't think it was enough OR high enough. Tore off one of the wings in the flight. Debating repairing or just rebuilding.

basslord1124

Master member
Ah yes, I remember that thing. That does look pretty tempting.

Here's the aftermath of my Long EZ:

crash_flight2.JPG

Headbang

Master member
Well I gave the LongEZ another try and pretty much ended in the same fate as my original maiden video. I did launch under hand but I don't think it was enough OR high enough. Tore off one of the wings in the flight. Debating repairing or just rebuilding.
I always launch mine overhand, hand never seems to come close to the prop. It is a handful to fly! Not sure fun is the right word, but not stressful either. If I would just stop doing low passes that end with ground touches and broken props I would be singing!

Homey

Elite member
All done. Balances perfectly with a 1000mah 3s. Running a Racerstar racing drone motor. 2300kv spinning a 6x4.5 prop. Hopefully maiden tomorrow. My first one was a blast but not enough room for stuff!

Peter View attachment 139876 View attachment 139877
Looks pretty but doesn't fly!
Slowly found the proper nose weight....... needs 30g plus the 1000 3s for a decent nose down attitude. Reflex set, chuck at 60% throttle and it rolls on its back immediately. Decreased throttle to 50% and same thing. Glides fine into the tall grass. I guess maybe I'll try chucking and then hitting throttle, but that's the last thing I'm going to try before junking. It's only a bucks worth of foam!

Peter

chris398mx

Master member
Looks pretty but doesn't fly!
Slowly found the proper nose weight....... needs 30g plus the 1000 3s for a decent nose down attitude. Reflex set, chuck at 60% throttle and it rolls on its back immediately. Decreased throttle to 50% and same thing. Glides fine into the tall grass. I guess maybe I'll try chucking and then hitting throttle, but that's the last thing I'm going to try before junking. It's only a bucks worth of foam!

Peter
i didnt have much luck getting mine to fly either.

Just flew mine today on 2s, I was really fun, flew great. I really enjoyed flying it. I will try it again later in the week on 3s. My only concern is that the wings are only one sheet and that they will not take much of a beating.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Just flew mine today on 2s, I was really fun, flew great. I really enjoyed flying it. I will try it again later in the week on 3s. My only concern is that the wings are only one sheet and that they will not take much of a beating.
Mine flew on 3s and took the maneuvers really well, after a few flights there was a stress crease, so I just glued a popsicle stick to the wing.

Headbang

Master member
I eventually had to put a bbq skewer in to support the wing, but that was after a bunch of flights. Only ever flew on 3s.