SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
FT MiG-3
FT-MiG-3 Article.png

Description:
The FT Mig 3 is a result of a wonderful to your collaboration with one of our community members, Nic Lechner. Nic’s incredible design has been simplified so it can be built as fast as it flies. The FT Mig 3 uses the same familiar techniques that are incorporated in all 40+ of its designs. Our goal is to have something that is fun for you and your family to build!

mig3-1.jpg

Release Date: April 3, 2017

Speed Build Kit: FT MiG-3

Article: FT MIG-3 STREAMER COMBAT

Release Video:

Preview Video (VLOG):

Build Video:

Build Article:

Plans: All-In-One | Full-Size | Tiled
3D Printed Accessories:

FT MiG-3 Specs:

• Weight Without Battery: 1.20 lbs (544g)
  • Center Of Gravity: 2 inches from the leading edge
  • Control Surface Throws: 12 degree deflection, expo 30%
  • Wingspan: 42 inches (1067mm)
  • Recommended Motor: 2215/09 1200 kv size motor
  • Recommended Prop: 9 x 45 CCW
  • Recommended ESC: 30 amp minimum
  • Recommended Battery: 2200 mAh 3s
  • Recommended Servos: (4) 9 gram servos

Simulator Files:

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Congrats on your Community Series release nerdnic!

Aeronaut

Build+Crash= +more power!
I don't want to sound mean but it seemed like flite test dumbed down the build for beginners, like removed the speedwing, etc. The speedwing makes nerdnic planes special and better in my opinion.

BabyBrit

Fly jacRC
Aeronaut, trust me this is every bit as much of a speed demon on the right set up. It goes together really well and it can top out at 90+, it is a great candidate as a second or 3rd plane, but i wouldn't build it as a first.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I don't want to sound mean but it seemed like flite test dumbed down the build for beginners, like removed the speedwing, etc. The speedwing makes nerdnic planes special and better in my opinion.

Which is why anyone who wants to build the crazy fast nnMiG-3 still can. Nics plans for the nnMiG-3 are freely available on his website. My hope is that people who might not have know about nerdnic's designs before, are going to be introduced to them now. If they start with the FT MiG-3, they have a path to move up to the more complex and faster version of the plane. Win-win.

Last edited:

xMeox

Any clue how they mounted the fpv gear? Im afraid to just hotglue it as I do not want to destroy it when Ill remove it again..

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
Any clue how they mounted the fpv gear? Im afraid to just hotglue it as I do not want to destroy it when Ill remove it again..

Alcohol can release a hot glue joint. Apply it carefully with a q-tip or similar. Don't want the rest of the plane to come apart!

Mike

xMeox

can hot glue damage the circuits of the RPG gear?

Edit: sry fpv gear. Autocorrection..

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
RPG? Not familiar with that one - but I've been fine with hot glue on the heat shrink wrapping of ESC's and receivers, and on the backs of some bare circuit board receivers too.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
That combat looks most excellent. Having the wings on the horizon perspective coupled with a long streamer to chase makes it imminently doable.

Hehe. Like the Warbirds multi-player online game.

hello everyone! hope you're doing good! the moment I saw ft mig 3 I wanted to get my hands on it. I was watching it's build video on YouTube. Josh uses a paint stick to further reinforce the wings. could any of you tell me the dimensions of the paint stick he uses as the spar. it's length,width and thickness.

Mr.McGoo

Here's my attempt! Used blue foam for the top hatch and canopy. Needs more shaping, although I quite like the speed racer look. Currenyl has a 2826 1350kv motor and a 8x4e prop pulling 252w on a 2800 3s. Will maiden this week.

rsz_photo_11-04-2017_09_26_46.jpg

Fidget

In one of the podcasts they mentioned a 3D printed piece they used to mount the all-in-one camera on the vertical stabilizer. Josh B implied it was somewhere to download and that it would be good for most of their planes. Has anyone seen it? Seems like a cool thing.

dmiller1

FZT MIG 3 WONDERFUL!!!

I just built mine and walked out back to try her out....WOW..Great airplane, dead-on and flies very smooth. I put the throws as suggested, but abit too clam for me, but probably yhte best for starting out with it. I have a few itesm ordered to finish it out still coming, exaust stacks, decals, spinner... used a F4U canopy form an old 40 size and it mated right up. opted for installing the wheels and on my second flight I was surprised it took off at slightly under half throttle.
WAY TO GO FLITE TEST>>>I think I have built about every new kit that has come out and love them all.:cool: Attached a pic, but not finished detailing her.....

Attachments

• 20170420_181147.jpg
    20170420_181147.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1