Staff member
Admin
Mentor
FT P-38 Lightning

Designed By: John Overstreet
Plans By: Dan Sponholz
FT_P-38_Forums.png

Description:
The Flite Test FT P-38 Lightning Electric Airplane Kit is one of the most advanced Speed Build Kits you can build. The finished model offers a level of scale detail that has never been seen before on a Flite Test aircraft. Once in the air, the P-38 carries graceful lines, tracks true, and is a walk in the park for intermediate to advanced pilots.

Speed Build Kit:
FT P-38 Lightning Speed Build Kit
Flite Test Crafty Kit

Power Pack Compatibility:
Power Pack C Twin "Radial Edition"

Specs:
FT P-38 Specs.png

Free Plans: FT P-38 Lightning Free Plans (coming soon)
Printing Instructions
DIY Templates

Videos:
Build Video

Review Video

Last edited:

whackflyer

Master member
Loving this plane and digging your new avatar @SP0NZ but I see a slight problem...🤣 Edit- @SP0NZ fixed it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191207-182336.jpg
    Screenshot_20191207-182336.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Dan, on part 5, there are 2 green alignment marks that are very close to each other. Should this only be one mark, and if so, which one? One is below the black line, and one is above it.
EDIT: There are also 2 marks on part 4. I assume these are copied/mirrored parts.
EDIT 2: There is no front mark on these parts, for the tail boom alignment.
Screenshot_20191208-130612.png

index.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191208-130548.png
    Screenshot_20191208-130548.png
    26 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Dan, on part 5, there are 2 green alignment marks that are very close to each other. Should this only be one mark, and if so, which one? One is below the black line, and one is above it.
EDIT: There are also 2 marks on part 4. I assume these are copied/mirrored parts.
EDIT 2: There is no front mark on these parts, for the tail boom alignment.
View attachment 150323
index.php
They were there in the original laser files I got from Flite Test, so I left them in. I did not see any reference or mention of them in the build video. Perhaps @Splinter189 can tell us what they're for.