*Unofficial* FT P-47 Thunderbolt

Thanks! I think you're going to enjoy the build. You've probably seen the negative reviews of the build video, but I didn't see any issues. I added the detachable wing mod, balsa reinforcement in the center of the fuselage, and a wooden dowel in the leading wing edge- recommend them for anyone building this model. Hat tip to Cabmantim (again) for the cool mod ideas from his Youtube video.
Where are you guys getting the magnets for these? I built my Corsair with neodymium magnets I found around my house. But for the p-47 I wanted it to be a much cleaner build so no random lumps in the wing cover 😅

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Can you tell me where you got the decals, Please?
Thanks,
Chuck

Callie Graphics is great for decals. They add to the overall cost, but I think its worth it. They can cover a multitude of building errors and allow you to personalize your plane.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Just tickling this thread with a new P-47D bubbletop from an extra kit that has been sitting on my shelf for 2 years. A glamour shot or two before it gets torn up through my crappy piloting: it's my take on "No Guts, No Glory." Now, Robert Johnson's "Lucky" (2+ years old and still flying great) has a squadron mate.

Attachments

• 20220622_171357.jpg
    20220622_171357.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220622_171700.jpg
    20220622_171700.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 0