• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

*Unofficial* FT Sea Duck

Started my second one too, the elevator fell apart on the last one, and the wing was drooping pretty bad. Flew really nice though so I decided to get another. I'm at the point where I need to install the elevator servo. I really don't like the way they do it in the video, has anyone done it a different way? I think if I got some thicker pushrod I could just connect it directly without the little guide.

Started my second one too, the elevator fell apart on the last one, and the wing was drooping pretty bad. Flew really nice though so I decided to get another. I'm at the point where I need to install the elevator servo. I really don't like the way they do it in the video, has anyone done it a different way? I think if I got some thicker pushrod I could just connect it directly without the little guide.
I've seen some photos with the servo further back with the top sticking out so all the linkage is on the out side.

I like the design update, reminds me of the c-2 greyhound a bit. Just watch for issues with the rudders hitting water on takeoff/landing!
Yes you read my mind, I was concerned with the tail hitting since it is a bit lower than the original. I since made a new horizontal stabilizer (first one I made had too much surface area) and I raised the vertical fins and inch.

Sero,

I love what you did with this build. How hard was it to make these modifications? It looks incredible!
Thanks Jaxx, I'm pleased with the results!
I mostly just measure out and make plans on poster board and sometimes make a part out of cheaper FB first if I'm concerned about fit/ finish.

Headbang

I really like the mods you did. I have been messing with the plans for a second more 3d seaduck. I might have to consider some of those design elements.
Got 2 more flights on my original duck today! Can not believe how well it holding up.

Got mine mostly finished last night, still got a few quick things left to do besides paint. It's been a fun build, but at the same time I am glad it's almost over with so I can start flying it. :)

I only have 1 little complaint which I had sort of worked around... in the video there is emphasis on keeping the wiring short (which I understand since it is a water plane) and the receiver is more towards the rear of the fuse. If this were the only plane on my transmitter I wouldn't care about that, but where I have a computer transmitter and different planes I'd think that receiver placement would make it a royal pain to access when you would need to bind your receiver. I ended up mounting my receiver towards the front of the fuse on the wing...basically almost directly above where my battery will sit. This will make easy access when I need to bind that receiver. And really my ESC servo wires were the perfect short length like in the video but with this, I had to add about a 6" servo extension to them. Like I said, small complaint, but worked around it ok. :)
I made the mistake of leaving the receiver back there and now can't reach it for binding a new transmitter. Has anyone put some hatch somewhere to reach out that receiver without compromising water proofing?

w1lp33

I made the mistake of leaving the receiver back there and now can't reach it for binding a new transmitter. Has anyone put some hatch somewhere to reach out that receiver without compromising water proofing?

I’ve cut a square out, done what I need to do, then Reglued it in and covered it with packing tape. Messy solution but if you only need to get in there it’s not the end of the world.

I am using a sport receiver, it has a button for binding. Can you share a picture of where you made the hole
I’ve cut a square out, done what I need to do, then Reglued it in and covered it with packing tape. Messy solution but if you only need to get in there it’s not the end of the world.
could you please post a picture of where you made the square cut? I am thinking to do a hatch similar to the battery hatch for the receiver

w1lp33

I can post one on Monday, I’m out of town for the weekend. I cut a square in the bottom of the fuselage near the rear, basically right underneath where I had the receiver mounted so I could reach my hand in

My dad and I recently completed a FT Sea Duck. The bump on the back has a Matek F411 Wing flight controller, GPS, and VTx in it. I put a little hatch on it so we could get at everything and fiddle.

IMG_1617.JPG

I think I need to swap out my DVR antenna. Sorry for the static!