*Unofficial* FT Sea Duck

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Any date for The Otter?

Austin leaked it on Instagram yesterday, so I guess it's okay to post. The Otter releases next week. You can buy it on the store on Monday and the free plans should be available on Wednesday (as usual).

FT Otter 5-16-16.png

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Austin leaked it on Instagram yesterday, so I guess it's okay to post. The Otter releases next week. You can buy it on the store on Monday and the free plans should be available on Wednesday (as usual).

Sponz,

Has the FT crew ever considered releasing the plans with the review video? I send the full-size plans to the print shop for printing. It would be nice to have the parts cut out and ready to go when the build video is released.

Well, I suppose we're getting closer? its raining like mad every day in Missouri. Its Seaplane season, and I want the Duck! Every post seems to read like...

"HI, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm NOT the SeaDuck. Here's my new plane. As you can see, its NOT the SeaDuck either. Here's a video of the maiden flight. I think it looks great in the air, I think I've really captured the essence of NOT being the SeaDuck. I think it might handle a bit more like a SeaDuck, if I modify my tail design to be a bit more SeaDuck-ish..."

Sorry to turn this into a rant, but I'm living my life in a SeaDuck-based Tootsie Roll commercial!

dezertdog

+1 for an order on the day it's released.

I see that the Otter is out now. So...hahahahaha, spin it!

Ooh-ooh-ooh-oohooh... :eek:

Sponz, I'm counting down the minutes till I start my 5 day holiday weekend. The engineering plotter/printer is only 4 cubicles away. I'm set up for the PERFECT "build a seaplane weekend", except for the obvious. Maybe you could quietly PM a single file of the plans? ;)

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Oh man, looks like they had a lot of fun with that plane. In the Periscope session they mention it flies just like the Guinea.

Also what's this asking for my address? It's not like I've done an order or two already. :)

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
I'm a little disappointed that they spent the day flying instead of releasing the build video and plans...unless my calendar is wrong and it's not Thursday already? I plan on buying this kit from the store, since I don't have any waterproof DTFB.

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
I'm a little disappointed that they spent the day flying instead of releasing the build video and plans...unless my calendar is wrong and it's not Thursday already? I plan on buying this kit from the store, since I don't have any waterproof DTFB.

Lol. They've got to test their designs before they release them. Your average plane release takes a lot of work, and a water plane even more so. They take a bit longer to build, and finding a good day for testing with a recovery craft is harder as well.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I have a set of "A" size engines and esc's ready for a mighty-mini (or 60%) version of this!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Okay folks, I can finally share this info since Josh leaked it on the FB live stream today...

The Sea Duck will be released on June 13, 2016!

Update first post with a link to today's FB Live video and the announcement of the release date.

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
Be neat if there was a way to air-drop beer cans (with beer in them). People run aground off our dock all the time. Being able to air drop beer would be pretty awesome :)

Mike

*Digs around in spare parts box*

Hmm...
Two 1240KV 2826 motors, a few 30A ESCs, some 9g servos, a receiver...

*Looks pointedly at calendar*

Any ideas what size props this thing is designed for?