Staff member
Admin
Mentor
FT Simple Scout
Design By: Josh Bixler
Release Date : Coming Soon
FT Simple Scout Article.png
Description:

The FT Simple Scout was designed with the same vision as many of our other Simple Series planes. Quick and easy build, Easy to fly, and able to grow with the pilot in both skills and features. This Fun Scale WW1 reconnaissance plane carries many of the features that were common on many of the Iconic aircraft of the 1920’s. This makes it easy to paint it up like a wingman of the red baron or as one of its British adversaries. Our goal with The FT Simple Scout is to introduce both a great way to learn to fly and also many fun activities like combat and flying FPV from the open Cockpit.​

The Ft Simple Scout makes a fantastic first plane. When built as a beginner model, the Plane only requires rudder, elevator, and throttle to fly. This classic 3 channel configuration is both simple and stable for new pilots. Once comfortable with 3 channel, the world of flight opens up with the ability to add ailerons to the existing wings. As a 4 channel aircraft, the same stable flight can still be experienced, but now aerobatics, flaperons, and all the classic barnstorming maneuvers like loops, rolls, inverted flight, and extreme slow flight. Even with its most advanced setup, the FT Simple Scout will still stall gently with wings level. Our favorite activity with The FT Simple Scout is to install and optional FPV set-up in the open Cockpit. This gives the pilot the satisfaction of flying from the same perspective as if you were in the plane yourself without compromising visibility to safely fly.​

If you are new to this great hobby, looking for a fun activity with your friends, or want to go back in time with an iconic blast from the past, we hope the FT Simple Scout is a source of many happy memories and a gateway to many future pilots finding success in flight. Thank you for your support and happy flying!​

- Josh Bixler

Specifications:

Store Links:
Article:

Videos:

Plans:
Simulator Files:

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I understand your pain guys, but it's not my call to make. Plans should be out very soon. Thanks for your patience.

SHolman

Plans?

And I've already got inkscape open...guess I know what my needle cutter CNC is going to be doing tonight :)

Are the plans released? I thought they would come out with the build video, as frustrating as that has been all these years... oh well, free is free.

I see them now, from the YouTube video. They are in the description when you open the video in YouTube..

Thanks, jhitesma!

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Okay folks, first post has been updated to include links to the video and the free plans. There was a little bit of a miscommunication on the release and the plans that are currently linked on YouTube are not the latest version. Please either download the files here or from my plans index. There is a minor change in the spar for one of the servo hole locations.