*Unofficial* FT Simple Scout

kulens

Ready for its maiden:

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

kulens

Last weekend I had the maiden flight of the simple scout. The FT Spitfire was my favorite Flite Test design... till this weekend :) Such a joy to fly the simple scout! A lovely and versatile plane!

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Ken Myers

Why won't Simple Scout plans print on HP 2600 series printer

I got the Simple Scout plans to print on my old Brother Laser Jet and old HP 1200 series printers.
It will not print the black lines on our new HP 2600 printer.
The printing is done from a download, not the browser.

This is an example of the HP 2600 print. As I said, the other printers print this same tile and plans just fine.

HP2600.jpg

Camper

I got the Simple Scout plans to print on my old Brother Laser Jet and old HP 1200 series printers.
It will not print the black lines on our new HP 2600 printer.
The printing is done from a download, not the browser.

This is an example of the HP 2600 print. As I said, the other printers print this same tile and plans just fine.

View attachment 105712

Check the spool settings in the print driver. We used to have issues with the HP 5n printers not being able to buffer the whole file on large PDFs and they would only print a portion of the files. Another thing to check is what version of the print driver is being used, PS or PCL.

Ken Myers

Forgot something important in my original post

The Simple Cub plans, all types, print just fine on all three printers.
The scanned image I used was from a single page from the Simple Scout, so the file wasn't big all.

As I said, the Simple Cub prints, pages, parts of pages or the whole pdf plan just fine on all three prints. The Simple Scout just won't print correctly on the HP 2600 series printer.

Sorry, I forgot that very important piece of information and I do appreciate the input.

Ken

Okay, I just figured it out. HEAD SLAP!!!
I'll pick up some black ink tomorrow for the HP 2600.
Talk about DUMB.

Last edited:

bigALUSMC

Maidened my SS today. I noticed in a slight head wind that it would stand still. Had to fly it at full throttle and even upped the % on my radio. Was wondering.... is it under powered or am I missing something. Using the B pack and she was ballanced as suggested.... a little nose heavy. Thanks.

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
What prop/battery are you using? The B-Pack is light for the Scout but everything is relative. I'm running a GT2215 (old b-kit motor) with an ARES 9x4.7 in a simple cub and it will tool around on less than 1/2 throttle. There are several places where the trust verses prop size are listed. You may want to find a more efficient combination.

bigALUSMC

The prop that came with the kit and the 3s 1300mah 50c battery. 3s, 935rpm/v, and 1045 propeller(emax).... So could it could be the prop as I ordered the 9x4.5 but did not use that one.

Last edited:

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
Perhaps. It's worth a try. I also find that my models seem really underpowered if the CG is off by much (nose forward).

bigALUSMC

Yea my CG was dead on with a it being as Josh suggested on set up. I think I will put the C pack in since I have it. I bought Three SS kits for my 2 kids and I.... we pretty much will have to share for now while I set it up for where we live. It is the GT2215. Thanks for the input Forster.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Wow! Can you share any tips on how you got the great rib lines? I just finished the base paint coats for my Simple Scout and if it's easy it might be fun to try :)

20180503_232934-800x450.jpg
20180503_225936-800x450.jpg