*Unofficial* Mini Pietenpol

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Here's a few pics of my Piet. this is my first R/C plane and my first experience with painting water resistant foam board. so the paint job went bad when i removed the tape after second color, but being my first plane i figured i'd crash it anyway....and i did...but got it flying great now. but having an issue today with motor glitching and not turning over. but here's my piet so far. I've already purchased a second piet and 4 other speed build kits, lol

Maxstudio that looks absolutely fantastic. Nice job on your build. Love the 3D printed extras and the paint detail.

Maxstudio

New build in progress, nearing completion....Creamsicle Piet

Modified the radiator print to a hollow core and added screen to front and back....little more airflow and i plan on adding a camera so a little more visibility to. If anyone wants it i can send them the print file, just hit me up.

Creamsicle piet 1.jpg
creamsicle piet 2.jpg
creamsicle piet 3.jpg
creamsicle piet 4.jpg

Theja68

Hello guys I have following electronics
1806 2300kv
900mah 2s and 1250mah 3s
12a ESC
6030 prop
I wanted to know if the pitenpol will be powered OK with above mentioned electronics?
Iam a beginner so I am not looking for speed and also pietenpol is not a speed plane right?
Iam thinking of two options a scout or pietenpol
What are your opinions?

rcfiddy1

Just finished my P build. Going to maiden tomorrow but I am already thinking of another but I want to add ailerons and use less dihedral. Has anyone done this yet?

Earl Turner

Here is my Pietenpol, with Snoopy (from a McDonald's Kid's Meal) at the controls, trying to clear the roof of our camp after take-off.

pietenpol2.jpeg

Morgan

Hello guys I have following electronics
1806 2300kv
900mah 2s and 1250mah 3s
12a ESC
6030 prop
I wanted to know if the pitenpol will be powered OK with above mentioned electronics?
Iam a beginner so I am not looking for speed and also pietenpol is not a speed plane right?
Iam thinking of two options a scout or pietenpol
What are your opinions?
Shouldn't be fine .☺

Earl Turner

144% FT Pietenpol

Big Pietenpol.jpg

Big Pietenpol 3.jpg
Big Pietenpol 2.jpg

Here is my latest Pietenpol, shown next to it's little brother, enlarged to 144% on the fuselage, with a wing based on the FT Simple Cub at 42" wingspan. Powered with the "B" power pod. Straight-axle tied to the undercarriage with elastic bands as per the early design, with 3 1/2" wheels. "TAD" stands for "Twins, Alex & Dom" who are my grandkids. (Also was the registration of an MU2 that I used to fly)

Last edited: