Updated Forum

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Any way to recover Subscribed Threads?! My "Watched" says I have none...No way I'll be able to find all the threads I was watching before :(

My first suggestion is to be happy that the subscriptions got cleaned up this way for you ;-). This has been asked before and I have forwarded it to the IT guy, but I have no answer yet.

jaredstrees

I already miss the top button when you get to the bottom of the page. Unless I'm just missing it! Much cleaner look, though.

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
My first suggestion is to be happy that the subscriptions got cleaned up this way for you ;-). This has been asked before and I have forwarded it to the IT guy, but I have no answer yet.
I cleaned up my own sub's routinely :p I kept the ones that I had the ability to help people out if they had questions.

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
Balu,
can you add a list to the OP of things that have been discussed, and maybe a quick explanation of status. This might save some double posts on the same subjects, as well as being a good list of some new features like the up arrow thing. Thanks for all the work trying to make the already great forum even better.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
If this has been posted already, too bad :)
My number one clicked button was the >> to jump to the very last post. Am i just missing it or is it gone?

thenated0g

Mentor
I havent tried doing a post with pictures yet on mobile, that used to be pointless on my pixel, but the website looks amazing on my phone now. Like i almost like it better than pc.

The new graphics you can choose at the top is really cool. Fyi the fighter plane is the "best" and if your not using it you are dumb.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
If this has been posted already, too bad :)
My number one clicked button was the >> to jump to the very last post. Am i just missing it or is it gone?

This freaked me out too at first - but the new forum is just way ahead of us on this!

The default behavior of clicking on a thread title is to go to the most recent unread post, unless you've already read all the posts in which case it goes to the beginning.

How cool is that? :)

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie

The new graphics you can choose at the top is really cool. Fyi the fighter plane is the "best" and if your not using it you are dumb.

It looks like the Mig3 to me.

Note - added photo below via "Print screen" button then Crtl+v (to paste). Nice!
1524502182654.png

thenated0g

Mentor
This freaked me out too at first - but the new forum is just way ahead of us on this!

The default behavior of clicking on a thread title is to go to the most recent unread post, unless you've already read all the posts in which case it goes to the beginning.

How cool is that? :)
I just tried it on this post, by going back to forums and clicking on this post again and it took me to #1 even though i have posted a few times and read all the posts, so not sure why, but its not working for me.

thenated0g

Mentor
Just tested it on a few different posts, even my own that i literally just updated. IT does not do anything but take me to the very top of whatever page i clicked on. I have tried the post name and clicking on the last page listed.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Just tested it on a few different posts, even my own that i literally just updated. IT does not do anything but take me to the very top of whatever page i clicked on. I have tried the post name and clicking on the last page listed.

I understand why it goes to the top of a thread that you just updated - as far as the forum is concerned, you've read it all since you just posted on it.

But going to other new threads and clicking the thread name jumps me to any new posts right away - that's how I got here on this thread just now.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin

The link works like this:
  • If there are unread posts in a thread, it will jump to the first unread post.
  • If you have seen all the posts in a thread, it will jump to the first post.
  • If there is more than one page in a thread, it will list the last three pages to jump to directly like this [4] [5] [6]:
Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 21.39.21.png

• You can also klick on the date of the last reply to jump to the last reply like "Today at 5:10 PM"
Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 21.45.45.png

Last edited:

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
The new forum looks fine, I just hope we will get the old color scheme back because the white one is a bit tiring on the eyes. The old one was more pleasant to read, other than that as long as everything works im happy.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
The new forum looks fine, I just hope we will get the old color scheme back because the white one is a bit tiring on the eyes. The old one was more pleasant to read, other than that as long as everything works im happy.

There's a new "customize" button right of the "Alerts" menu in the top right where you can chose the color theme you like, a different header image and some other settings for the layout of the forum.

You can also find the "customize" button in the footer - plus an additional layout style selector. "crisp dim" might be a little less stressfull on the eyes.

Last edited: