Upgrading From 1st gen. Spitfire to the Master Series Spitfire

I loved flying the first generation Spitfire so fun to fly.
So I have a good start on the upgrade build so far so good. I printed the plans and cut them out of the foam boards by hand. I used a hot wire foam cutter for the "bulkheads" so the the cuts would be uniform for a more accurate stack.

Is the power pack "C" motor, esc and battery the same for the master series?

this is my first post to the forums.
Thanks ,
MIke

Attachments

• IMG_1404.jpg
    IMG_1404.jpg
    835.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 0

Marty72

Elite member
Looks great Mike!

Or maybe a Rimfire 3536 with 3s. It's a really strong motor, pulls a 10x7 prop with ease. I'll be watching and waiting for your review on the Masters Spit. I have two FT Spit "classics", which fly awesome. I'd like to hear your thoughts on how it flies compared to the original.

shadeyB

Legendary member
What type of waterbottle do you use? Also, what do you use for heat?
I used a 2lt cola bottle, all other flavours can be used lol, next one I’m doing for my BAE Hawk will be a Lilt bottle (pale green) for pilot uav protection lol
I used a heat gun from a distance
10A4949A-6646-4AD1-AE3F-F47FB7E30A4F.jpeg

Just made plug with laminating foam as didn’t have any wood around
Took couple attempts understanding how it shrinks, you need to jam the plug in tight and have spacers underneath smaller than plug so it shrinks to the shape your trying to achieve
9D037C28-F802-455D-9A9B-3199B9A5B545.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I used a 2lt cola bottle, all other flavours can be used lol, next one I’m doing for my BAE Hawk will be a Lilt bottle (pale green) for pilot uav protection lol
I used a heat gun from a distance
View attachment 171629
Just made plug with laminating foam as didn’t have any wood around
Took couple attempts understanding how it shrinks, you need to jam the plug in tight and have spacers underneath smaller than plug so it shrinks to the shape your trying to achieve
View attachment 171627
Thanks - I'll have to give it a shot! I'm thinking about doing it on my FT Edge 540.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Thanks - I'll have to give it a shot! I'm thinking about doing it on my FT Edge 540.
Be sure to have a few bottles before you start lol it’s easy in principle but takes a bit practise
Here’s one that formed its own way, if only the bottle knew what you were trying to achieve lol
FE7AD475-3F48-4A40-B8C7-E712532E99F6.jpeg

Tried and tried to get the kink out but no luck
sure will keep at it, wooden plug would be easier I think, the smaller canopy your trying to make the harder it seems
9D22F2AD-EBB4-4A73-A5B9-8FA279A80568.jpeg