[USA] Non-China Brands?

KLJ4CCH

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there are any non China brands for our FPV gear? Nothing that is imported from China to the United States. This whole Syria thing got me thinking, what happens is China stops trading with the United States. We discussed this situation in my American history class, and my professor made us think of ways on how China could potentially impact our immediate lives if they decided to take action for US involvement.

anyway what would be a good FPV system? I am skeptical of the HK equipment. how about Foxtech? Boscam (essentially HK) and Fatsharks( I dont have a lot of cash to spend haha)

knife-edge

Everyone likes the fatshark goggles. Flitetest has an episode on fpv systems that was made about 2 months ago. HK has some hit or miss products. If you want to get in cheap, really the only ways to do so are making goggles (really cheap and easy) or buying a used system (harder to do and there is a posibility for stuff failing because it was used so much.) Both have their pros and cons. It is really hard to find much made in the usa these days

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I've said this before, but I don't mind repeating myself. I love my Fat Shark Predator V2 system. It was a plug and play set up, for under $300.00. Goggles (with integrated ground station), camera, and transmitter.

RoyBro

Mentor
Well it would certainly be an opportunity for an American start up to jump into the FPV business. Of course it would be frustrating as hell for consumers because their products would be instantly in demand and probably exceed manufacturing. They would also probably be way too expensive compared to Chinese made products.

But I doubt it will ever happen. If China wanted to voice its displeasure with the U.S. they may stop importing U.S. goods, but I doubt if they would hurt Chinese companies by not allowing them to sell Chinese goods to U.S. customers.

KLJ4CCH

hahah I am really thinking hard about them. I really want to have a plane for the yalls October flyin (if I am allowed to go haha, I went last year:p it was awesome! Even for someone without FPV gear. ) I am working on the Axon, my build thread is here: http://forum.flitetest.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=5162

Just finished the wing, I shall be done with the whole build (airframe) this weekend. I will order electronics for the airplane once I find out what I really need and dont need. Hopefully I will have a good FPV plane for the fly-in, been looking forward to it all year!

knife-edge

Still under $50...not bad for a servo extension...:p

Does have a point. Haha. Anyway, I agree. The chances that an american company would start making fpv gear is slim to none. Remember that china can make things cheaper because they have a stupidly lower minimum wage, and can get materials much cheaper. I wish I had the time to get into fpv, I have reasearched it boatloads but just cant find the time and place to fly. Im not a formal member of a flying field (yet) so if I find a big field, I fly there.

Last edited:

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
It helps loads that the Chinese government subsidizes many businesses there actually allowing them to sell at a cost lower than the cost to produce the device. It's an economic war folks, plain and simple. ;)

Thurmond

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Makes it sound like Chads yard has a small section in Texas...

Only if his is a very brown, dead, HOT yard. The only green here is mesquite and they are not doing that good. :p The 3 year plus drought has NOT ended here at all! The water source for 4 small communities has about 8' or less of water left out of 35'. The post by the guys of the hot air balloon almost made me cry with all the trees (without thorns) and water (don't care for those mosquito's though).

Thurmond

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That's about the only good thing about our lack of water...even where I am we are still in a hard deficit of water...