USBAsp and KK2.0 Flashing woes

When I fkashed my first kk2, I did it using the usb avr programmer that came with the KK 5.5. It did not work with the official usbasp drivers, but I'd found a video somewhere on youtube that showed how to use it by installing libusb. Now I can't seem to find it anymore. This was when I had a 32 bit version of Win 7. The flashing worked without a hitch, and I also flashed a few escs.
Now, I've got Win 7 64 bit, and got the HK Usbasp programmer after giving away my older one. The drivers installed without a problem, and they're also being recognised. Now when I'm trying to flash my new KK2.0 boards, the kkmulticopterflashtool gives an error:

Flash the firmware from repository.
Error during writing flash.

But, when I use an already downloaded kk2.hex file It flashes, only giving the cannot set SCK frequency error, but it flashes it:

Flash the firmware file.
Flashing firmware from file.: C:\Users\Arunabha42\Downloads\KK2_1V6\KK2_1V6\kk2.hex

C:\Users\Arunabha42\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_0.72\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.exe -C C:\Users\Arunabha42\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_0.72\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.conf -p m324pa -P usb -c usbasp -B 8 -e -U flash:w:C:\Users\Arunabha42\Downloads\KK2_1V6\KK2_1V6\kk2.hex:i

avrdude.exe: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9511
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\Users\Arunabha42\Downloads\KK2_1V6\KK2_1V6\kk2.hex"
avrdude.exe: writing flash (32172 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 20.16s

avrdude.exe: 32172 bytes of flash written
avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\Arunabha42\Downloads\KK2_1V6\KK2_1V6\kk2.hex:
avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\Arunabha42\Downloads\KK2_1V6\KK2_1V6\kk2.hex:
avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\Arunabha42\Downloads\KK2_1V6\KK2_1V6\kk2.hex contains 32172 bytes
avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 16.61s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
avrdude.exe: 32172 bytes of flash verified

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Flashing of firmware was successful.

I tried flashing turnigy multistar escs with the same setup, no problems. The software gets the files and flashes it. I just flashed six of them. I'm only having problems when I have to flash the kk2 firmware from the internet

So, what's happening, any ideas? Is it some driver error or something else?

Johan

There is a checkbox "cache firmware" top left. Does that work?
Maybe the tmp/cache directory does not exist or the program does not have the rights to write the hex files there?

I'd already tried caching firmware. After I've ticked all what I want, the click download, it just hangs. Happens everytime. Therre are files in the tmp directory though.

Johan

Maybe there is a corrupt file in the tmp? Just guessing. It is strange because the tool usually reports what is happening