USBASP connector help

ecoster

My USBASP came with A 10 to 10 connector instead of a 10 to 6 for my KK2.
Can any one help me with a detailed picture or a description on how to arrange the wires, so I can flash the board.
The way I have it on the board now is: 2nd wire to connector 6, 4 to 4, 6 to 2, 7 to 1, 9 to 5 and 10 to 3.
How_to_-_KK2.0_firmware_update_-_Mac_-_eluminerRC_-_YouTube.jpeg

As far as I can see from this picture I got it right but the board is not lighting up and error in the program.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gr.

Mustang7302

While I don't have experience with a USBASP 10 pin harness for flashing the KK2, I have done the same action with using a Arduino microcontroller. Particularly of notice is that I had to power the KK2 with the UBEC of one of the ESCs during the flash process.

ecoster

Tried powering the KK2 externally and still the same error.

Flash the firmware from repository.
Flashing firmware from file.: \\psf\Home\Desktop\tmp\KK2_1V6_Spektrum_Satellite_A.hex

\\psf\Home\Desktop\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.exe -C \\psf\Home\Desktop\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.conf -p m324pa -P usb -c usbasp-clone -B 8 -e -U flash:w:\\psf\Home\Desktop\tmp\KK2_1V6_Spektrum_Satellite_A.hex:i

avrdude.exe: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Error during writing flash.

Mustang7302

Since the two connectors don't line up at all, go to your local radio shack and look for jumper wires in the section of arduino/robotic micro controllers. If you can find a set of male on one end and female on the other end, get that; if not set package of male pins on both ends and a pack of female connectors on both ends and you'll take one of each and connect them together to make a male/female jumper. Then you can play connect the dots with the picture Roy posted. If memory serves correct the top left pin in the picture is the bottom right pin when looking from the back edge of the KK2.

Something like this: http://m.radioshack.com/radioshack/...;+Qty:+10.5"+M+to+F+Jumpers+&+40+Headers

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
If memory serves correct the top left pin in the picture is the bottom right pin when looking from the back edge of the KK2.
That is correct. The trace on the back of the KK2 also shows the MISO square pin location for verification, just to be sure.

ecoster

It lights up now but the error remains, going to sleep now and start fresh in a few hours. Thanks for the help

KK2.jpeg

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Probably settings in reading the board...let us know if you get it or need more info.

ecoster

That would just take all of the fun out of this massively frustrating problem I'm having;) I need to order a new USBASP, one of the connectors is busted. Ill just order one with the right cable now. Thanks for the effort.
Gr.