Help! Use of a motor for a beginner

M

MCNC

I have a hb2806 motor and would like to build a plane for it, if possible.
1450 kv
weight 34g
14.5 max current at 7.4v
max watt 206
2s or 3s battery compatible
prop 0706
thrust 220 to 520, no idea on which battery that is

what plane and what battery?
I would like to use it on a tiny trainer
Thanks for any help

FDS

Elite member
Thats too big for a Tiny Trainer IMO. It would possibly work in something bigger, like a Simple Cub or Simple Scout, with a battery sized to balance the plane, see the FT store page for battery suggestions.
I just use this stupidly cheap motor for all my minis.
Most people pick a plane then buy the motor, not the other way around! Motors are cheap, getting the right one for the plane you like will result in a better flight experience.

M

MCNC

Thanks, came into possession and wanted to apply it if I could.

kdobson83

I have a hb2806 motor and would like to build a plane for it, if possible.
1450 kv
weight 34g
14.5 max current at 7.4v
max watt 206
2s or 3s battery compatible
prop 0706
thrust 220 to 520, no idea on which battery that is

what plane and what battery?
I would like to use it on a tiny trainer
Thanks for any help
Doing a little research on that motor I'm seeing it does about 600 grams of thrust with a 7x5 prop on a 3s battery. It would be fine on the Tiny Trainer but you might get a little torque roll out of it. It would probably work on any of the full size swappables if you try to keep em light. If your new at flying I'd look into the FT Cub, Storch, or full size Scout. Maybe even the FT Spitfire as it's super docile and really light.
Anyway, get some 1300mah 3s batteries and some 7x5 props and you'll be good.

Reactions: FDS
M

MCNC

Thank you, my first build was the simple scout on the emax pack b. I have crashed it several times and patched it up. No controlled flight yet but I am still pushing. I had that other motor and wondered if I could use in on a tt. Thankfully I enjoy building and repairing things...

Reactions: FDS

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
If you wish to build something like the TT and still use the motor you have, (a bit large and heavy), you look at building a modified TT called the MUTTS, (Mini Ugly Tiny Trainer Stick). See:- https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/my-mutts.57768/

It flies a little slower than the standard TT and easily takes a larger motor and battery! It can be built with flaps or without and lands slower than the original.

Just a thought!

Have fun!