Use the gyro to control the ESCs in Betaflight

AndrewJJ

Hi everyone,

I am working on a free falling drone that could orient it self mid air using reaction wheels instead of propellers (this is my second post about it here) and I got some good advice to use a pre-made flight controller.

So I just bought a Lumenier F4 AIO board with some ESCs and motors, and I have been trying to control the PWM signal sent to the ESCs with the gyro instead of a transmitter. So my goal is to have the gyro send it's output to the PID and then control the PWM signal to the ESCs to control the motors.
I know how to do that on an arduino or raspberry pi, but I like the small form factor of the F4 board and the PID on betaflight is really nice.

So I was wondering if that was even possible to do with Betaflight, I looked for documentation, and played in the CLI but I really could not find much on the subject, so I'm asking you guys if you would have any advice to give me.

Thanks for reading,
Andrew

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Check out the motor mixing in the Betaflight GUI. If none of the presets will work, you can create a custom one.