Useful Video for FT Builds

PoorManRC

Master member
I was brushing up on some FT Build Videos, I learned that the ones for the most basic trainers, also include instructions for several techniques, taken for granted on other Videos...

This is for the Tiny Trainer. It also includes how to dress the DTFB Board Edges, so they don't fray or delaminate, setting up Servos, using Rod Stoppers vs making Z-Bends, and several more things that the first time Builder needs to know!

I'm a Beginner myself, and I found this Video extremely helpful.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
You've just given me a great idea PMRC. As we continue forward in this journey, and watch a new build video, let's start dropping a link and what information it contains (besides the basic build), into this thread.

That way us noobs and future noobs will have a great resource to refer to for video of things like Z-bending and treating foamboard edges and whatnot.

PoorManRC

Master member
This is the FT version of Vaudeville! Sock it to me!
I'm working on the CORRECT use of MinWax.... It's a Godsend for us still stuck with DTFB.....

But it can be done VERY wrong! :eek::confused:

PoorManRC

Master member
I only JUST heard of Camp Dry when I started watching FT Videos, 4 Months ago!!!
Isn't that just a lubricant barrier, for keeping work surfaces clean??

From what I read online, it is a sealant. "Ingredients: Prallethrin, Cyfluthrin, other ingredients". And that's "Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent." Reads Silicone Based Product. "KIWI Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent offers tough silicone protection for outdoor boots and gear. Its unique formula bonds to leather and fabrics to create an extremely tough water barrier, while still allowing materials to breath. Ideal for tents, tarps, boots, hunting apparel, outdoor gear, boat covers, and more." Advertisement via Wally-World Online.

PoorManRC

Master member
From what I read online, it is a sealant. "Ingredients: Prallethrin, Cyfluthrin, other ingredients". And that's "Kiwi Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent." Reads Silicone Based Product. "KIWI Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent offers tough silicone protection for outdoor boots and gear. Its unique formula bonds to leather and fabrics to create an extremely tough water barrier, while still allowing materials to breath. Ideal for tents, tarps, boots, hunting apparel, outdoor gear, boat covers, and more." Advertisement via Wally-World Online.

SILICONE is practically unpaintable. That wouldn't make it a good choice for me.
Be good for work surfaces though.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
For setting up electronics. It's stupid simple. Unless you are sitting at your bench and trying to do it the first time. All the motor to esc wires are the same color! This one helped a lot:

Now, when that newbie searches "setting up electronics" it'll hit right to this post and that video. I love it. I'm going to add the words "connecting electronics" to help aid that search.